Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

bang & olufsen type k hojttaler speakers

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 0 Followers

marc
Top 500 Contributor
s. wales uk
Posts 184
Gold Member
marc Posted: Sun, Dec 16 2012 9:54 PM

Hi to all 

Could anyone  give me any advice on best way of shipping these speakers i am selling at the moment on ebay. they are in perfect cosmetic and working order but don't what to damage these if their not packed right.

SEE PICS

marc 

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 10:24 PM

On a palette would be my answer with an industrial amount of packing! However would be expensive - probably as much as the speakers are worth.

Peter

casdave
Not Ranked
Posts 16
Bronze Member
casdave replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 8:53 PM

Yes, I would go for a pallet. I can't recall if the legs screw off, but if they do I would recommend doing so prior to shipping.

Takes quite a lot of work to  restore them if anything is wrong - the capacitors are usually dry and the crossover resistors might be cooked.

Despite their large size, these speakers cannot handle much power and so they might get over driven, hence the cooked resistors.Note that the speakers cones are paper and not rubber of foam and so require a different strategy to repair.

If they are all in good order, I can tell you they work extremely well with a Beomaster 2000 - the old version, and they have a very good bass response - my opinion is that they have a better bass response than even the 5000 series speakers - much nicer sort of sound  is the only way I can describe it.

marc
Top 500 Contributor
s. wales uk
Posts 184
Gold Member
marc replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 8:44 AM

Hi 

Thanks for the info, i can say that they are in stuning condition no scratches or scuffs to the cabinets the grills are perfect as well, i set them up with an old low output 80's  hifi  and they sound great, i have got them on ebay now but i will check out the beomaster 2000 as you said and might just change  my mind on selling these as i do not think i would see another pair in this condition in my lifetime.

marc

marc
Top 500 Contributor
s. wales uk
Posts 184
Gold Member
marc replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 9:11 AM

Hi peter 

Thanks for info on shipping type k speakers, can you tell  what amp/tuner would have been used for these speakers in 1964 when they first come out.

Regards marc

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

Hi,

the perfect aplifier for these Speakers would be Hi-Fi Stereo Amplifier 608 (or the export version 610 with black front instead of blue).

You see, I have this amplifier and I am looking for these oldies Type K speakers :-)

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

ok, I found you in ebay...

the speakers are very nice but the price also ... Unsure

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

marc
Top 500 Contributor
s. wales uk
Posts 184
Gold Member
marc replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 11:59 AM

Hi 

Thanks for info on the amp for type k speakers, i think the starting price for the speakers is low given there is another pair on ebay with a price tag of well over £1000 and just to confirm my speakers are perfect working order and cabinets are mint even the legs.

Regards marc 

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

Hi,

yes, I saw this another auction and I must say this price is not realistic. The guy started with 2500 € now he is at 1900€ but he will have to reduce the price another several times if he wants to sell them...

Your speakers are very nice I didn't want to say they are not. And the price of vintage is always little bit matter of luck. For me they are to expensive but I hope you will find the buyer who is willing to pay the price you desire. Good luck!

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

casdave
Not Ranked
Posts 16
Bronze Member
casdave replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 12:43 PM

These speakers, along with the 5000, tend not to go for all that much.

The shipping costs and risk of transit damage, do not help but i think it is more to do with the large size of them in the average modern home.

Perhaps the classic simply design look does not appeal to many, I like mine and they do sound well.

marc
Top 500 Contributor
s. wales uk
Posts 184
Gold Member
marc replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 1:35 PM

Hi 

what do you think about the best amp for the type k speakers, i know you mentioned the beomaster 2000, is this the one you use for your speakers or should i go for beomaster 608 which has been mentioned in this thread.

marc 

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 2:12 PM

They suit valve amplifiers - The Dirigent would be an interesting choice for instance.

Peter

marc
Top 500 Contributor
s. wales uk
Posts 184
Gold Member
marc replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 5:01 PM

Hi peter 

Thanks for that info, i take it that chances are slim to find 609 in working order.

marc  

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 5:11 PM

Not impossible - but rare in the UK! The Dirigent is also not often seen but more seem to come up. I prefer the look - I seem to remember that it is a hybrid valve and solid state device.

Peter

marc
Top 500 Contributor
s. wales uk
Posts 184
Gold Member
marc replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 5:27 PM

so it will run the type k speakers ok

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member
tournedos replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 5:40 PM

The Dirigent is all valve (with some germanium diodes, though). The optional FM stereo decoder for it is solid state.

I used mine with passive Pentas at a time (now S80.2) and I'm sure it won't have any problems with these speakers Big Smile

--mika

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS