Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

connection to use the beolink audio cables after replacing avant tv with non b&o tv

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Geert4330
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Geert4330 Posted: Wed, Dec 19 2012 11:05 PM

I have an ouverture sound system that connects to the system via a master link cable ( incorporated in the floor and wall).  Through a junction box a second masterlink cable was connected to the avant and the 2 front speaker outputs of the tv were connected to 2 MCL2P amplifiers ( in another room)  with 2 beolink cables for 4 speaker to provide both surround sound and radio/cd in the main room.

I replaced the avant and now there's the master link cable and both beolink cables i need to connect somehow together. there is radio and cd in the second room but no radio and cd in the main room ( which was provided by the avant). I don't need surround , I just want to use radio and cd. Is there a way to make a connection between the masterlink and blink cables ( or just solder 1 connection and use a splitter or use a converter and use a splitter on this one?)

What should I use?

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 5:19 AM

From what I can see you have two choices - both about the same cost.  Either:

- Buy a Beolink Active (with IR eye), which will plug into the ML cable, and then you can connect into your MCL2Ps with 2 x Powerlink cables.

- Replace your MCL2P(s) with a single Beolink Passive (with IR eye), thus providing amplication direct from the ML cable to the speakers.

The first option will probably be simplest if your MCL2Ps are in another room.  I saw a Beolink Active with IR eye go for just over £50 last night on eBay, but they are usually more expensive. 

Geert4330
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Geert4330 replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 4:25 PM

I have a spare beolink active ( used for another room b&o tv in the kitchen), lucky me.

So i put one powerlink cable in the output one and the other in the PC socket or just use a splitter to put both cables in the powerlink output socket?

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 5:33 AM

I would connect both MCL2Ps to the same PL socket using a splitter - I don't think that the PC socket also works a an output.

Perhaps try just connecting one amp first.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS