Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Poor bass on my Beoplay A9 Mk.4

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Jarle
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
Jarle Posted: Mon, Feb 10 2020 3:34 PM

Hi, 

My first question on this forum :)  

I recently bought a Beoplay A9 Mk.4. I have calibrated my speaker that is placed in a corner using the room compensation function. I have to admit that I am really disappointed with the amount of bass this loudspeaker is providing. I have a $300 Harman Kardon speaker that have way more bass than the Beoplay. I suspect the room compensation function is reducing the bass because it is placed in a corner. My sound settings are by the way Bass +10 (max bass), enhanced sound activated and the equalizer on Party-settings. If I play really loud I get some base but on low levels there is very little base. My living room is quite small so there are few places to place it without corners or walls behind the speaker. I am streaming the music using Airplay. 

My questions are: Is it possible to disable or reset the room compensation so I can see if this is the problem? Or do you have any suggestions on what to do to enhance the bass on this speaker? 

Thank you in advance :) 

Regards, 

Jarle 

CasperI
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 93
Bronze Member
CasperI replied on Mon, Feb 10 2020 6:02 PM

Take your A9 outside and re-calibrate. Should male a huge difference Thumbs Up

The built-in calibration is quite aggressive 

Jarle
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
Jarle replied on Wed, Feb 12 2020 12:50 PM

Hi again, 

I was in contact with B&O support and got the following answer that solved my problem. The sound on my A9 is now very good :) 

-->

I understand that you changed your room compensation setting to "Corner" and that you wonder if this could be the reason why the bass in the speaker is not as strong as you expect it to be. As such I kindly inform that the sound should not be made worse by changing to this setting.

To ensure that everything is in order I kindly ask you to first update the software of the A9 through the B&O. As well as on any connected devices in the same network. Then kindly reset the A9 speaker with the steps provided below. The software updates are especially relevant for devices using AirPlay.

If you want to remove all your personal settings, you can reset Beoplay A9 to factory settings, see below.
  • Remove the socket panel cover.
  • Press the reset button (B) for 10 seconds until you hear a sound and the product status indicator flashes red shortly.
  • When the network indicator starts flashing white and then begins to flash orange, Beoplay A9 is ready to be set up in a wireless network. If Beoplay A9 has a wired connection to a network router, the network indicator turns solid white.
All settings you have made to your BeoPlay A9 are reset, including pairing with Bluetooth devices and BeoSound Essence Remotes. Network settings are deleted and you must set up BeoPlay A9 again to connect it to a wireless network.
<--
I did not run the Room compensation process when setting up my speaker this time and the sound is now very good. 
Borsalino
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Bronze Member
Borsalino replied on Thu, Apr 29 2021 12:27 PM

It helped for me to just simply turn off the room compensation. When it was on and i pitched the bass to the max nearly no difference was audible. Only Loudness had some small effect in lower volume levels. However turning room compensation off switched the bass to another level. B&O should find a way to have room compensation on but still adjust the bass on an extended level.

Jarle
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
Jarle replied on Sat, May 1 2021 7:11 PM

How did you turn off the room compesation? 

Jarle
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
Jarle replied on Sat, May 1 2021 7:11 PM

How did you turn off the room compesation? 

Borsalino
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Bronze Member

Hi by simply turning it off in the B&O App. Go to audio settings, there is one menu point "Room compensation". click on deactivate (if its turned on).

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS