Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocord 5000

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Rick
Not Ranked
Nevada USA
Posts 35
Gold Member
Rick Posted: Mon, Mar 12 2012 2:06 PM

My Beocord 5000 went weird on me this weekend.  It will only play about 5 seconds then it causes the whole system to shutdown.  If I play my 8002, CD50, Radio, or TV though  the system never shuts down ( use to before the adjustements).  It sound perfect for the few seconds it is on, then ...  I'll be opening it up tonight but anyone have a clue?  Could the Idle current settings cause just one unit to start a shutdown?

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member
tournedos replied on Mon, Mar 12 2012 2:10 PM

I suppose the Beocord shuts itself down due to some problem and commands the Beomaster to shut down as well.

Easy to isolate, just disconnect the DIN cable and see if the Beocord still does it when you operate it by itself.

I suspect bad belts, the Beocord sees/thinks something isn't rotating as it should and shuts down to avoid messing the tape.

--mika

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Mon, Mar 12 2012 6:34 PM

I agree. Does the counter appear to work? No tape curling?

Jacques

Rick
Not Ranked
Nevada USA
Posts 35
Gold Member
Rick replied on Mon, Mar 12 2012 7:33 PM

Yes.  The counter advances when it does play.  I just replaced all three belts.  Could there be an adjustment that's out?  I'm going to reference the service manual for that.  It was working great with the new belts for over a week now.  It seemed to coincide with the no load adjustment of the amp but everything else works.

Rick

Rick
Not Ranked
Nevada USA
Posts 35
Gold Member
Rick replied on Tue, Mar 13 2012 6:08 PM

Well it is the belts.  Apparently the belts I bought were slightly off.  The counter advances and the tape plays but there is a LOT of wow/flutter.  I watch a 1500 tone bounce all over the place then the deck shuts down.  I'm looking for better belts now.

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member
tournedos replied on Tue, Mar 13 2012 7:00 PM

Rick:
I'm looking for better belts now.

Make it simple for yourself and get them from Dillen.

--mika

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS