Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoVision 7-32 connecting a PS3

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

emperorlee
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
emperorlee Posted: Sat, Mar 14 2020 6:54 PM

Hello - I recently acquired a BeoVision 7 . 32 inch (no HDMI).  However, I have been trying to hook up a PS3 system to it so my kids can use it.  I cant seem to get it to work.  I have tried everything I know (HDMI to SCART converter and a direct attachment through the SCART cables.  I get nothing - no sound; no picture I don't know what I am doing wrong. 

I tried also with a Digital receiver.  It starts up and I can see the receiver page but no idea how to access the HDMI socket (or even if I can!)

Please if anyone has any ideas Id be very grateful!b

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sun, Mar 15 2020 10:13 AM

Welcome to the forum!

This is quite a common problem, so hopefully I can help!

If you PS3 has been used with hdmi cables/TV previously, then you probably need to reset its video output back to analogue. 

Use the Composite (direct to SCART) connection that probably came with the PS3, and do the following:

While turning on your PS3, hold the power button down for about 5 seconds until you hear two beeps. This should reset your video settings to basic and allow you to configure the output (composite/component/HDMI) choice.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sun, Mar 15 2020 10:44 AM

A further thought if you are new to Beovisions:  You also need to go into the TV's connections menu and tell the TV what is connected at which SCART socket.  Maybe set the appropriate SCART socket to DVD, and then you will be able to select it using the DVD button on your remote.  Alternatively set to V.TAPE and use the V.TAPE or A.MEM remote button to select.  Hopefully all will make sense once in the 'Connections' menu.  In combination with the PS3 reset procedure that I mentioned above, hopefully this will resolve the problem.

DrDimitris
Top 150 Contributor
Greece
Posts 699
Founder
DrDimitris replied on Sun, Mar 15 2020 10:50 AM

Hi it is doable. You need aN HDMI to DVI-I adaptor. That will be for video signal. For audio yoy need to take audio sound from BS3 (optical or coaxial) and connect it to the respective audio port with a cable SPDIF (eg A1 - you will find these 4 audio ports on the RIGHT back of your BV7-32 above the DVI-I port). Then in the connections menu of BV7 (MENU->OPTIONS->CONNECTIONS) you assign AUDIO SOCKET A1 and normally you are done

Dimitris-

emperorlee
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member

Thnaks a bunch!  Ive been struggling with this for some time and thought about just giving up!  Ill give it a go and let you know.  Thanks again!  

emperorlee
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member

Im giving a try!  Thank you for the comments!

emperorlee
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member

Hello Guy!

You recently helped me by answering a question about PS3 hookup to my Beo7.  However, I have been delayed in setting this up due to the world situation that is ongoing.  Now today, I have tried to get the setup you mentioned but I couldn't get it fast enough, so, in my hast, I bought a HDMI to VGA converter.  I hooked everything up,  (i labelled the V-MEM button as PC and the Audio as A1) however, it doesn't work to my dismay.  Not to be completely clueless, Can I even access the VGA port through the remote as configuring the button as PC(also tried it as DVD2)?

Please let me know if Im just being impatient and need to get a HDMI to DVI-I converter instead. 

Again, all input is grateful!

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Thu, Mar 26 2020 3:31 PM

Sorry for delay - busy helping elderly relatives!

I don't think I can really help with the VGA setup - I wasn't even aware that the 7-32 has a VGA input - are you sure that's not a socket for hotel use?

As far as I am aware, PC selects the DVI input only.  Other with BV7-32s may know more.

Otherwise I would resort to the composite into SCART option that I mentioned earlier.  Despite reduced quality, it should work until you get an hdmi to dvi adaptor. 

EDIT: This thread may be of use: https://archivedarchivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/36952.aspx

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS