Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound 5 encore turn-off

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

sergi0
Not Ranked
Posts 75
Bronze Member
sergi0 Posted: Sat, Mar 21 2020 12:48 PM

Hello,

I have some difficulties to turn off my Beosound 5 encore. When I use the Beo5, it turns off but start again a couple minutes later. The only way to turn it off completely is by pressing the on/off button long enough. I also notice that this might impact the MOTS feature which I am not able to have it working (did not spend a lot of time trying either...).

Everything else is working (NAS music via Twonky, Internet Radio...), except that the list of Internet Radio seems to not be up to date as when I select some, nothing is aired.

Cheers,

Serge

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 742
Founder
Hi Serge,

I tried responding once before, but the post appears to have been lost.

What happens when you press the stand-by button that is at the top right corner of the screen on the back of the enclosure?

Lawrence
Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

Hi

Did you just get your encore or have you had it for a while?  Because the MOTS feature I thought would have built it's "smarts" if you have had it for a while, so I'm not completely sure that it would affect it.  When I had one, it seems the MOTS stayed even if I turned it off.  

I wonder if you can rebuild the internet radio stations?  I had to rebuild my NAS library one time by pressing > > Go and doing that from the service menu

It might be that the Internet Radio stations are no longer supported sadly 

sergi0
Not Ranked
Posts 75
Bronze Member
sergi0 replied on Sun, Mar 22 2020 8:00 AM

Hello Lawrence,

If I press a short time, it shutdown down, but "wake up" some minutes later, same as when I use the red button on the Beo5. IF I press longer, it totally turns off.

sergi0
Not Ranked
Posts 75
Bronze Member
sergi0 replied on Sun, Mar 22 2020 8:09 AM

I had it for a couple of time, but never use it until recently.

I think that I miss something about the MOTS stuff. I need to let the BS5 alwats working in order to have it indexing my MP3 collection, right ?

I did not find any information about the status of the indexing, but when I select nmusic, I see on the bottom left corner that MOTS is calculating, but after a few secondes of network music playing, it mark suspended... When I use the nradio, there are no status that indicates MOTS is calculating the MP3 music files...

I read the B&0 documentation in french and english hoping I missed something... but no hints so far about how to know how the MOTS is done working.

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

If I recall, MOTS took a few days for me , like 2 or 3 

sergi0
Not Ranked
Posts 75
Bronze Member
sergi0 replied on Sun, Mar 22 2020 10:22 AM

Thanks Michael !

Did you let the BS3e always on during this time ?

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 742
Founder
Hi Serge,

It shouldn’t turn on again without an external command, whether by touch or IR. But I don’t know what could cause that.

However, I agree with Michael that MOTS takes a long time. And if you force full shutdown (by holding down the physical standby button) or by playing music from the source being indexed, then you will interrupt MOTS and it will take even longer.

I suggest that until MOTS has finished indexing your music, just use the Radio or an Aux input.

Some suggestions:

- Set power saving to OFF. This will reduce boot-up time.

- Wired Ethernet is preferable to WiFi for speed and robustness.

- The longer your radio buffer the more robust your music playback will be, but the longer it will take to hear sound once you choose a radio station.

Hope some of these help.

Lawrence
sergi0
Not Ranked
Posts 75
Bronze Member
sergi0 replied on Sun, Mar 22 2020 11:39 AM

thanks Lawrence (again ! ). Those information are really helpfull.

I was assuming listening to NAS music will stop MOTS, you confirm it, that is perfect.

I'll check for the power saving mode. I only have wired connection at home, so I know it is not a network issue.

One last question... Where is it possible to have information about the status of the MOTS calculation ? The only moment I can see it is "calculating" is when I start to play a NAS file. Otherwise I am not able to see any information about the MOTS status. Did I miss something ? The last trick is when to know it's finished if I have not information about the status... :)

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 742
Founder
Hi Serge,

Unfortunately, on the Encore there is no progress indicator for MOTS indexing. It’s either stopped, in progress or done.

As you rightly point out, you can see that it pauses when you use the NAS as source.

But if you look along the same arc as the blue volume indicator, you will see a dashed grey line that progresses up from the bottom of the screen. If I remember correctly, this shows that indexing is in progress, or at least that it is re-scanning the music source (in my case a USB thumb drive).

I think it shows it if you are listening to Radio or Aux, but I don’t have my BS Encore in front of me to check.

You’ll know when MOTS has finished indexing because when you put it in standby the red light in the top right hand corner will switch off. If MOTS is still indexing the red light will stay on.

Lawrence
Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS