Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BEO4 Remote with 'Nav' GO button

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

perriama
Not Ranked
Posts 30
Bronze Member
perriama Posted: Sun, Mar 22 2020 10:05 PM

Hi folks,

I had a quick question regarding the BEO4 remote control with the 'Nav' button. When pressing this it should execute a GO and moving it about should mimic the arrow functions, this appears not to work, but recently purchased a Beovision 9 (Excellent Television) and the GO button and arrow (up, down, left and right) aren't recognised on the television. 

I have had to use a much older BEO4 remote to use the GO and navigation buttons. All other operations seem to work fine on the newer BEO4, apart from this area of the remote. 

Additionally, I have looked at programming the new BEO4 and the GO and arrows work correctly operating the LCD screen on the remote?  

Not sure what I'm missing? 

Thanks

Andrew

Evan
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,621
Gold Member
Evan replied on Sun, Mar 22 2020 10:29 PM

Did you set the "Beo4 setting" in the TV menu? 

Should be something like this: MENU>OPTIONS>BEO4 SETTING>NAVIGATION BUTTON

Beo4 'til I die!

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Mon, Mar 23 2020 10:47 AM

The first 3 generations of the BV9 have the BS3 mk1. This BS3 hasn't the option to set the Beo4 for use with the navigation button.

Barry Santini
Top 150 Contributor
New York
Posts 543
Bronze Member
Beobuddy:

The first 3 generations of the BV9 have the BS3 mk1. This BS3 hasn't the option to set the Beo4 for use with the navigation button.

Not true.

Software upgrade allows Beo 4 with Navi

Barry
Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Mon, Mar 23 2020 3:33 PM

Nope. The first BS3 can't be programmed for the Beo4 navi. I've had this BS3 mk1 for years with the latest possible software. (BS3 type 9600.
The one I have now has the latest  software and can be programmed for the Beo4 navi.

perriama
Not Ranked
Posts 30
Bronze Member
perriama replied on Mon, Mar 23 2020 4:35 PM

Thanks for the answers, great responses. I need to have the BS3 updated to the latest software (as I don't have this option). The DVB-T module is also starting to show its age (no HD channels displayed) and teletext type graphics, but quite solid in operation.  Would have updated this myself, but the module installed doesn't seem to have the USB.

What's the best way to get these updated. Take it to a dealer? Arrange a dealer visit?

Thanks so much for you're expertise.

Andrew

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS