Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Mint Beocord 2400 Reel-to-Reel 1/2 Track

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Kopfnuss
Not Ranked
Posts 30
Bronze Member
Kopfnuss Posted: Tue, Mar 24 2020 7:34 PM
Hello dear b & o community.

I am now the proud owner of a completely restored beocord 2400 1/2 track tape recorder reel to reel. The mechanic called today. I can pick it up next week. The mechanics have been completely overhauled and the boards have been partially renewed and measured. However, the tape heads do not achieve the expected frequency response. Logical, since the heads are now 50 years old. I would like to convince myself of the best possible quality of an ordinary tape recorder, where I would be if I asked!

Can someone tell me where I can find a suitable replacement?

or are there other manufacturers' heads that will fit?

Revox, studer, ...!

Will run it on the beosystem 7000 with beogram 9500, penta 3 and a restek miniria + phono preamplifier.
Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Tue, Mar 24 2020 8:16 PM

It it possible it's not the heads but that the deck isn't biased right for the kind of tape you can get nowadays?

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Kopfnuss
Not Ranked
Posts 30
Bronze Member
Kopfnuss replied on Tue, Mar 24 2020 9:35 PM
the machine is attuned to maxell. I gave him one of three tapes sealed in. I'm sure I'll buy new belts over time and adapt the machine accordingly. i am very familiar with the mechanics. I think I can do it.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS