Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovox RL140 sibiliance problem

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

lemkoo
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
lemkoo Posted: Thu, Mar 26 2020 1:07 AM

Hello,

what’s your experience with the RL 140s and home cinema setup? I’ve recently refurbished my pair (woofer surrounds, re-capped). The music generally sounds good, but when watching TV the “s, c, f” sounds are really hot. I’ve played with the EQ, but still not much luck. 

Is this usual with the RedLine speakers?

on the separate note, the twitters sound a bit echoey, but both are rather similar. Is this normal? 

any ideas? Thx 

Premiumverum
Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands
Posts 115
Gold Member

Did you use the same value capacitors? Did you use electrolytic or film?

What amplifier are they connected to?

How is the TV connected to the amplifier? Is it only when watching TV channels or also when watching a movie from e.g. streaming or blu ray?

lemkoo
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
lemkoo replied on Thu, Mar 26 2020 10:00 AM

Thanks for getting back.

Same values, electrolytic. 

They’re driven by Harlan Kardon AVR 151 (75W channel). It’s all over HDMI, 2 channels stereo. 

It’s generally with spoken sounds. Definitely TV (over DVBT) is the most obvious, some YT videos too. As I said, the music is generally fine. 

Premiumverum
Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands
Posts 115
Gold Member

That suggests the DVBT receiver as the fault. maybe internal volume set too high causing distortion, or the internal equalizer has funny settings. Youtube also has its own volume control that can be set too high. I'd lower volume on de DVBT receiver and set internal equalizer to flat, as well as turning off any 'sound enhancements' like normalisation or stage or cinema mode or whatever.

Also, youtube and DVB-T broadcasts often have an awful sound quality by themselves, super loud and normalised. This could explain your problems as well.

Good choice on the electrolytics. That makes a cause in the filters very unlikely.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS