Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 1203 Lift Switch repair

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

JeremyCosta1
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
JeremyCosta1 Posted: Fri, May 1 2020 3:24 PM

Hi everyone i hope you are all staying safe and are well. I'm hoping someone has had some experience with my issue. My 1203 works perfectly, however the lift button doesn't work correctly in that the button needs to be punched like a type writer to engage. Ive seen many videos of people pressing the button and it always engages beautifully and punches back out like one of these buttons should. Mine however is very stiff and doesn't really move more than 0.01 mm in or back out. i was wondering if anyone has fixed one before or if it's a common issue. Should i pull it apart? is it a part that is normally just replaced? I've checked the manual and it actually is no help as im not even sure what im looking at in regards to the button. Anyway, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards. Jeremy from Australia.

jacoby46
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member

Hi!

Here's a possible solution!

I had the same problem, I think. I tried uploading some pics here I don't know if you're able to see them

https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/members/jacoby46/files/Beogram+1203/default.aspx

Not an expert at all but here's what worked for me:

First of all: Your LIFT button. Is the text / button rotated in any way or are you able to rotate the button itself in any way (not the plastic 'speed' taps). If yes, then I think this could be a solution.

1) Remove the metal disc where the LP would fit

2) flip the turntable upside down to reveal the backside

3) open up the backside to see the insides

4)

In the lower right corner you'll see the mechanics of the LIFT button.

Unscrew the tiny screw holding the metal bracket + black plastic thing in place - MAKE SURE YOU KNOW HOW TO PUT IT TOGETHER AGAIN AFTERWARDS.

On top of the circular transparent plastic component (through which you can see the LIFT button spring), you can see a SMALL BLACK PLASTIC TAP.

This moves along, if you try to rotate the LIFT button from underneath.

Make sure the tiny tap is pointing left, looking from above, like a clock pointing at 9 pm. If you look at the LIFT text on the button it shouldn't be rotated in any way.

5) In this position, place back the metal bracket + plastic thing and secure with the tiny screw.

6) Put everything back together as it was.

Hope that was somewhat clear.

JeremyCosta1
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member

Thank you so much for this (im sorry i didn't reply earlier) this totally did the trick and was super helpful. Thank you =)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS