Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beomaster 5 BIOS settings.

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,213
Bronze Member
Weebyx Posted: Wed, Jun 3 2020 2:39 PM

I am in the process of restoring a Beomaster 5, and the previous owner had tried to fix it by removing the CMOS battery, and clear BIOS settings.

The Beomaster is now back to life, but does anyone know if there is specific settings in the BIOS that needs to be changed to work with the B&O HW ?

It is a standard BIOS from those days, that can be opened by holding DEL down when booting :)

Anyone with knowledge about what settings that is changed from the default settings for the VIA board ?

I cannot find anything that does not work, but maybe there are some specific power saving settings that is supposed to be changed to work with the B&O HW, since that control the disk and so on ?

/Weebyx

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,213
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Thu, Jun 11 2020 2:25 PM

Weebyx:

I am in the process of restoring a Beomaster 5, and the previous owner had tried to fix it by removing the CMOS battery, and clear BIOS settings.

The Beomaster is now back to life, but does anyone know if there is specific settings in the BIOS that needs to be changed to work with the B&O HW ?

It is a standard BIOS from those days, that can be opened by holding DEL down when booting :)

Anyone with knowledge about what settings that is changed from the default settings for the VIA board ?

I cannot find anything that does not work, but maybe there are some specific power saving settings that is supposed to be changed to work with the B&O HW, since that control the disk and so on ?

/Weebyx

To answer my own question, the B&O settings of the BIOS, will be set when doing a BIOS flash with the service tool. It loads a complete image that is tuned by B&O.

/Weebyx

Jens Rendboell
Not Ranked
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 24
Bronze Member

Hello Weebyx,

I did the same, CMOS reset and pulled the battery, but somehow this caused the power supply to fail.

Before I did this, the power supply was working with light in all 4 lights on the ML-PL module and the fan was running.

Now there is only light in the last of the 4 lights (+5V_SB). There is no light in +5V_ATX, +3V3_ATX or +12V_Bank and the fan is not running.

Did the power supply in your Beomaster 5 work after the CMOS reset and pulled battery?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Rendboell

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,213
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Tue, Oct 19 2021 12:36 PM

Jens Rendboell:

Hello Weebyx,

I did the same, CMOS reset and pulled the battery, but somehow this caused the power supply to fail.

Before I did this, the power supply was working with light in all 4 lights on the ML-PL module and the fan was running.

Now there is only light in the last of the 4 lights (+5V_SB). There is no light in +5V_ATX, +3V3_ATX or +12V_Bank and the fan is not running.

Did the power supply in your Beomaster 5 work after the CMOS reset and pulled battery?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Rendboell

Yes, everything worked in mine after flashing BIOS with the service tool.

/Weebyx

Jens Rendboell
Not Ranked
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 24
Bronze Member

Hi Weebyx,

I made a mistake when replacing the motherboard. I connected the power switch cable to the wrong connector on the ML-PL-module.

On the ML-PL-module there are 2 identical 2 pin connectors side-by-side. One for the external power switch and one for powering up the motherboard.

So neither the ML-PL-module nor the motherboard was powered up.

Happily nothing was short-circuited by the mistake and the BM5/BS5 powered up after swapping the connectors around.

So after total reset to factory default using the service tool with the command "Clone entire HDD" everything is up and running again.

Thanks,

Rendboell

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS