Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 1602 lid or dust cover reassembly

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

capnjoe
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
capnjoe Posted: Fri, Jun 19 2020 5:22 AM

Hello- I have a 1602 with the lid apart and would like to get it back together. One of the plastic holders (part 164 on an exploded view for a Beogram RX that is on this site- looks identical) is broken so I may or may not need to get another. Maybe it can be made to work with two of them. 

However, with or without the part, can anyone advise how to get the spring in position to reassemble the holders and put the puzzle back together? When I took the three screws out I found that the last one released the springs rather dramatically. One of the holders had already been broken, making the lid sit askew, but I cannot find a way even to get back to that status. I'd like to see a good picture of how the spring sits when it's assembled and I'd love to hear from anyone who has taken theirs apart and gotten it back together. 

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Fri, Jun 19 2020 6:25 AM

Lay the large black hinge bracket flat on the table.
Place the three small shiny friction plates in place in the hinge bracket.
Place the dustcover in place and fit the spring to the hinge bracket at the center with a black plastic holder (with square nut), a screw and a washer.
Don't mind the springs ends at this point - just let them flap around as they please.

The spring has small curves at the ends, that needs to run in the grooves at the ends of the dustcover, so make sure the spring is the right way up, or it will run with the sharp pointed ends in the grooves and damage the grooves.

Then grab one end of the spring with pliers, twist it to upright position andset down the springs length in
the groove in the hinge plate (some hinge brackets have small tags it needs to go around and between) and the groove in the dustcover.
Often the spring will be able to sit by itself like this.

Put a black plastic holder with square nut in place, hold it with a finger or two while you lift up the whole assy and mount the screw and washer from the other side.
Same job at the other end.
Takes a little practice but it's a 2-minute job when you know how.

Martin

capnjoe
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
capnjoe replied on Fri, Jun 19 2020 2:33 PM

This is very encouraging, thank you. If I understand correctly I would have to do more disassembly to remove what you call the hinge bracket. I think you mean the back of the deck- really the back side of the whole thing. At present the spring is still attached so maybe it is already held by the friction plates and I don't have to do that part. 

The shiny friction plates are perhaps the stainless steel bits that are angled. I'm not sure what place they go in. If you have the diagram that I referred to for the RX it might be helpful to use part numbers. 

One of my black plastic holders with the square nut is broken. Do you know a source to replace this part? 

This evening I will study your reply further and see if I can follow your directions. 

Kind regards, Joe

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Fri, Jun 19 2020 3:29 PM

The shiny angled pieces goes inside the large black hinge plate, one each end and one center. One for each holder.
They create a small distance from the hinge plate to the dustcover. 

Parts missing? - Ask at Beoparts.

Martin

capnjoe
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
capnjoe replied on Sun, Jun 21 2020 3:37 PM

Hello Martin- I assume you are the same Martin with whom I've been emailing off this forum. Thanks for all. Looking forward to doing the reassembly when I get the new holders. Can this be done without taking the back piece off of the deck? Or do I need further disassembly to get started? Your text above seems to indicate that, if I'm understanding correctly. (Maybe I need more than a PhD in engineering to pull this off! ) 

capnjoe
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
capnjoe replied on Thu, Jul 9 2020 2:37 PM

Hello again Martin- for some reason I had trouble navigating back to this thread. My difficulty reduces down to correctly positioning the angle brackets. The diagram looks like they sit between the plastic holders with nuts and the hinge cover. I had them in that way and the cover would not close. So not sure what the picture is supposed to look like. In retrospect should have photographed before taking apart, always a good plan. I took the hinge cover off to work on this and understand that it's necessary to do that. Now it's back together, minus the brackets. I'm hoping I can install one at a time without starting over. 

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Fri, Jul 10 2020 6:52 AM

The three shiny angled metal pieces goes inside the large black plastic hinge cover.
They sits all the way up under the "hangout", one each side and one centered.
If you look closely you can often see where they were fitted previously.

They go in as the first things, - before the dustcover is placed in position.

Martin

capnjoe
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
capnjoe replied on Fri, Jul 10 2020 1:54 PM

What holds them in place? Are they held by the wire springs? Are they in contact with the plastic holders that are secured with the screws? Martin- I've been staring at this a good bit and I don't see it. Is there a photo you could send? Or if I send a photo could you indicate on that photo?

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Fri, Jul 10 2020 3:40 PM

They go here, they are in fact lose, only held in place by the dustcover itself when mounted (- in turn held by the three holding blocks).

Martin

capnjoe
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
capnjoe replied on Sat, Jul 11 2020 1:28 AM

Thank you Martin- that made it clear, and all back together now. 

leehalpern
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member

Hoping to reignite an old thread here...I just reassembled the dustcover but now it's spring loaded so that it's stuck in the open position.  Where did I go wrong? 

Thank you friends. 

Lee

leehalpern
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member

hello Martin, I know I'm resurrecting an old post but Im hoping you can help.  I followed all instructions above and got the dust cover on twice.  But both times it's spring loaded so that it's stuck in the open position.  I've repeated it twice and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Please help? Thank you.

Lee

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS