Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 2000 no sound with Beocenter 9500

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Harmster
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Bronze Member
Harmster Posted: Wed, Jun 24 2020 8:05 PM

Hey Beoworld people,

I've acquired a beauty Beogram 2000 (Type 5821) with a MMC4 connected to a Beocenter 9500 via the phono datalink.

When pressing Phono on either the BC or the Beolink the Beogram starts spinning and the needle does touch the record.

I've had some help trying to get it working, but to no avail.

1. I've switched the Datalink cable from phono to tape 2 and theres sound but its really, really quiet. (So the stylus is working?)
2. When switching the AUX to the Phono the sound gets distorted, which should mean theres a preamp in the Phono connection (am we right to assume this?) 

So what would be my next steps?

If i need a pre amp, can I use it with the data link (I really like the phono button action on my beolink.)

Harmster
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Bronze Member
Harmster replied on Mon, Jul 13 2020 9:02 PM

For anybody wondering. Turned out the BC9500 had a broken pre-amp. I had it fixed and its working like a charm.

Scw
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
Scw replied on Wed, Dec 16 2020 12:24 AM

Hi Harmster.  I have the same problem. Can you tell me who fixed your pre-amp and what it cost?

Harmster
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Bronze Member
Harmster replied on Wed, Dec 16 2020 8:34 AM

I found an user on a Dutch site. I can look it up if you also live in the Netherlands? I was out 40 euros for a the repair (CD was also broken and a couple other things were replaced, like the relay unit)

Scw
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
Scw replied on Wed, Dec 16 2020 10:19 PM

Thank you very much for your prompt reply - unfortunately I’m in the UK Midlands so will have to find a solution closer to home, but I’m pleased that it does not appear to be too expensive a repair. If all else fails maybe I’ll have to treat my beocenter to a trip abroad.

Scw
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
Scw replied on Wed, Dec 16 2020 10:19 PM

Thank you very much for your prompt reply - unfortunately I’m in the UK Midlands so will have to find a solution closer to home, but I’m pleased that it does not appear to be too expensive a repair. If all else fails maybe I’ll have to treat my beocenter to a trip abroad.

Harmster
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Bronze Member
Harmster replied on Wed, Dec 16 2020 11:01 PM

It should be a quick fix. The part is fairly cheap and the labour is 30min. Hope you get your Beocenter working soon!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS