Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 2000 not starting

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Thomas
Not Ranked
Denmark
Posts 6
Bronze Member
Thomas Posted: Sun, Jul 12 2020 9:47 AM

I have a Beomaster 2000 and a Beocord 2000 with an old RX-2 attached.

But I want to replace it with an Begram 2000 so I can press "phono" on Beomaster and the Beogram should start.
HOWEVER, the Begram 2000 seems only to be made with 5-pin DIN, so the the turntable will not start without pressing also the Beogram.
Should I use another Master, or is there some modifications to be done ?

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 742
Founder
Thomas:

I have a Beomaster 2000 and a Beocord 2000 with an old RX-2 attached.

But I want to replace it with an Begram 2000 so I can press "phono" on Beomaster and the Beogram should start. HOWEVER, the Begram 2000 seems only to be made with 5-pin DIN, so the the turntable will not start without pressing also the Beogram. Should I use another Master, or is there some modifications to be done ?

Thomas, the Beogram 2000 Type No. 524x will only have 5-pin DIN as it does not have datalink control.

The Beogram 2000 Type No. 582x will have the 7-pin DIN plug, and has datalink built in. If you see only 5 pins and 2 holes, then someone has removed two of the pins to connect it to an older BeoMaster or non-B&O amplifier.

Your Beocord 2000 should have 7 pins in its DIN plug. You could “borrow” one pin for your BG2000.

Unscrew 1 pin from the end of the arc of pins, plug the BC2000 back into the BeoMaster and see whether it can still be controlled from the BeoMaster.

If it can, screw the pin into the BG2000 DIN plug so that the pins now look like those in the BC2000 DIN plug.

If it can’t, replace the screw and instead remove the pin from the opposite end of the BC2000 DIN plug. Connect it to the BG2000 DIN plug as described above.

Lawrence
Thomas
Not Ranked
Denmark
Posts 6
Bronze Member
Thomas replied on Wed, Jul 29 2020 9:19 PM

Dear Lawrence
That was EXACTLY the information I was hunting. Thank you so much for enlightening me Smile

BR
Thomas

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 742
Founder
Thomas:

Dear Lawrence That was EXACTLY the information I was hunting. Thank you so much for enlightening me BR Thomas

I’m so glad it worked for you, Thomas.

Enjoy your music! Smile

Lawrence
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS