Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocenter 7000 tonearm adjustment (won't play records with dust cover down)

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

plasticpalmtree
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
plasticpalmtree Posted: Mon, Aug 3 2020 3:47 PM

Hi,

New to the forum and to my beocenter 7000, although I was until recently the owner of a Beogram RX2.

There seems to be an issue with my beocenter 7000 tonearm, as I cannot play records with the dust cover closed.  When I press play there is not enough room above the tonearm for it to move, as the top of the counterbalance weight hits the bottom of the dust cover.  This isn't really a big deal as I can play records with the lid up, but I'm wondering if that means something is wrong with the tonearm as I've seen footage on youtube of the beocentre 7000 working with the lid closed (link).

Looking online, I can only find the service manuaI, not the owners manual. The service manual does not explain how to adjust the tonearm.  I consulted the manual for the Beogram 1902 as apparently it uses the same arm.  The manual advises to adjust the pickup arm with the counterbalance weight inserted, which is very confusing as the adjustment screw is under where the weight goes (link).

Does anyone have any idea as to what might be the matter?  Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Mon, Aug 3 2020 6:16 PM

Transport screws losened?

Martin

plasticpalmtree
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member

Thanks so much - that fixed it!  The seller told me about the transport screws when they dropped it off, but I totally forgot about that for the six months I had it in storage.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS