Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovox S80 tweeter repair

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

John
Top 500 Contributor
Yorkshire England
Posts 104
Bronze Member
John Posted: Sun, Jan 13 2013 8:03 PM

After re-foaming the bass speakers and fitting a nice set of covers to my S80s, one of the Tweeters has failed. I was hoping to repair it but it looks imposible. Has anyone had success with one? It is a 3inch Dome B&O H226 8ohm 13/81ASJ  Are they still available?

John.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 8:49 PM

The tweeter is a SEAS H247.

The H226 is the dome midrange, easily recognized by its white dome and it is indeed a 3 inch.
Common fault for the H226 is that the voice coil falls off the edge of the plastic dome, leaving the driver silent but electrically fine.
If the coil has burned, there's no other way than to replace the driver but if the coil has losened it can usually
be repaired by simply glueing the coil back to the dome.
I've done a handful or two of them by now. A bit fiddly and not for someone with no DIY skills at all, though.

Martin

John
Top 500 Contributor
Yorkshire England
Posts 104
Bronze Member
John replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 10:11 PM

Hi Martin, It is indeed the midrange speaker, and it is burnt out.  So I will have to look for a replacement.

Thank's John.

habakuk
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member
habakuk replied on Fri, Feb 27 2015 8:05 PM

Did you ever find a replacement? I've got the same problem at the moment and wondered how you fixed your problem,

John
Top 500 Contributor
Yorkshire England
Posts 104
Bronze Member
John replied on Fri, Feb 27 2015 8:41 PM

Hi, I repaired mine. I can hardly remember now, it was over two years ago!   ISTR removing the dome then the cone.  I removed one complete turn of the coil to get enough free wire to make a joint.  ISTR  coil was broke at the end of coil. If it is open circuit you have nothing to loose by carefully opening it up.  

Good Luck with it, John.

habakuk
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member
habakuk replied on Sat, Feb 28 2015 3:08 PM

Thanks, I'll give it a try..

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS