Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Inspiration what to connect to BLI

rated by 0 users
This post has 31 Replies | 3 Followers

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Seanie_230 Posted: Tue, Aug 18 2020 12:29 PM
Hello All

I have my BLI connected to Philips Hue, BeoLink, Homecontrol but that’s it.

I am thinking of buying a doorbird / birdguard to auto Trigger the Homecontrol on the screen when a camera detects motion.

So what else?

I need some inspiration.

Lights and camera’s but what else?

Anyone got any examples of other bits they have added to their system, obviously the B&O system takes care of the multi room audio etc.

Outside of lights and camera’s what else could be fun?

Cheers

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Rudi Pedersen
Top 500 Contributor
Herning, Denmark
Posts 125
Bronze Member

Hi, I have connected

- Beolink

- MasterLink Gateway

- IHC Controler 1 and 2 (IHC is a Danish system from L&K to control light, heating, sunscreens, curtains etc)

- Hue

- Virtual bottoms

---------

Via BeoiLiving App I have many virtual bottoms to control a lot in the house.

Some automatic ideas is, that when someone ring the door bell, I have a pause for the ringing, so I have time to mute all musics systems before the bell ring

Press the Movie bottom in the living room starts the TV, setup the Apple TV, roll down curtains, ans switch of the lights and set up dimmed light behind the sofa

BR Rudi

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Tue, Sep 15 2020 7:46 AM

Hello Seanie,

I have connected on my bli the following:

Doorbird (really cool the code that turns your beovision to a doorbell monitor (available on khimo site))

Fibaro (shutters, relay and light controllers (works flawlessly and much better than the Rako))

Rako (shutters and light controllers (very consistent but lacks "feedback"))

beolink (of course (V1, M5*2, BLC, Moment, essence *2, Beosystem 5500))

iTach (ip2ir)

TP-Link plug (controlling the pool lights)

Hik-vision cameras

Nest (the one that worked)

I believe that the Fibaro system has great potential since you can connect almost anything and then control it via the BLI.

During christmas time I use tplink plugs to light up the tree and the christmas decoration in the house when I come home and it is night, when I leave they turn off.

When I arrive home I have my V1 turned on netredio and my shutters raised, if it is night the V1 turn on tv lights go from 75 to 100 and shutters are raised.

When we are listening to the essence I have installed in my garden the poolights come automatically on at sunset. In case we are not listening to music (it means we are not there :-)) so the pool lights remain off (the khimo team was very healpful).

Cinema scene lowers the shutters and the screen while the projector is turned on, the V1 goes to picture mute and surround mode, the lights are turned off and the ambient lighting goes to 5.

I have many more macros if you are interested. 

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member

Hi there

thank you, I am really interested in the Doorbird (Birdguard Bxx) I think as it can be on the left on the window using the table mount and would trigger the Home control on the screen should someone walk past. I am just waiting to find one at some point on ebay.

I will take a look at the Fibaro stuff as I never heard of it before.

all of the above takes investment of changing BLI from Essential to Pro mode which I can do when the time is right.

I am interested in HikVision camera's also perhaps for the back garden from a bedroom window as they are wireless and I believe support ONVIF if enabled so no need for BLI in pro mode to add these camera's.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Wed, Sep 16 2020 8:19 AM

Hello again,

I have the doorbird d101s installed (using one ethernet cable, using the wifi connection was impossible for my house) and each time someone rings the bell V1 goes to the home control screen showing the camera of the doorbird it is a very useful macro you can find on the khimo site.

Fibaro you should definitely look at it is one of my favorite installed systems. 

Pro is something you should consider if you want to expand the functionality of the BLI and although it is a serious expense it worth it.

If you have the possibility to make the connection to the cameras via cable it would be better (higher resolution will demand more of your bandwidth). The ones I am using are all onvif and it is super easy to add to the BLI (btw the camera of the doorbird supports onvif as well and you can use also the motion sensor as a resource).

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Seanie_230 replied on Wed, Sep 16 2020 11:29 AM

Tassos:

Hello again,

I have the doorbird d101s installed (using one ethernet cable, using the wifi connection was impossible for my house) and each time someone rings the bell V1 goes to the home control screen showing the camera of the doorbird it is a very useful macro you can find on the khimo site.

Fibaro you should definitely look at it is one of my favorite installed systems. 

Pro is something you should consider if you want to expand the functionality of the BLI and although it is a serious expense it worth it.

If you have the possibility to make the connection to the cameras via cable it would be better (higher resolution will demand more of your bandwidth). The ones I am using are all onvif and it is super easy to add to the BLI (btw the camera of the doorbird supports onvif as well and you can use also the motion sensor as a resource).

List of questions if you dont mind

How is it using one ethernet cable? Does it carry, network and power, I would like to power it using POE
My thoughts are to install it in place using one ethernet cable that carries power and network but also perhaps connect to the existing doorbell sounder which I will have to put back when we move.

If Doorbird supports ONVIF does it auto configure in the BLI just for basic camera view, I understand the extra fucntions of auto home control etc need pro mode to add that but adding just the Camera would be a great start

What do you mean as a resource so you can activate it?

The apple watch app for Doorbird looks pretty good.

Thanks 

Sean

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Thu, Sep 17 2020 7:51 AM

Hello Seanie,

Yes I mean with PoE. In doorbird's manual it is explained what each cable carries, data, power, chime, door opener, etc. I believe you can download the manual from their site.

You can connect it to the exixting chime, I don't think it is necessary though. Each time someone rings the door bell you will get a notification on your mobile phone, tablet, etc (wherever you have the app installed). I bought the doorbird chime as well which is fun to play with because of the many different sounds.

When you go to the interface tab on your bli there is a camera part in it. From there you can ask your bli to find the available onvif cameras. Alternativly you can do it via the BLI app the exact same way you add a beolink product.

By resource I mean that you can add it as a resource and then use it to trigger macros. For example if you have it installed in your front door each time someone passes and activates the sensor it can trigger a macro.

Honestly if you install it and add it to your bli you will never use the doorbird app.

I don't want to be misunderstood, I am not working or getting any commission from khimo but upgrading to PRO is a must for me. For example if you install the Fibaro system and you add your shutters and lights to it then when you are remotely connected (PRO version) you can check if your lights are on/off or your shutters raised/lowered. There were many times that I was asked by the cleaning lady or the dog walker to raise/lower the shutters (they are connected to our alarm system).

Btw yesterday I made a new macro which turns the lights on if it is daytime and it is cloudy or raining for my dog not to get frustrated... ;-) 

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Hi therE

Just a note for others after talking to Khimo and doorbird separately the doorbird D101 will be able to configure just for viewing camera in the app as when doorbird is configured in NVR mode it will be discovered.

Anyone know where to get a D101 used or cheap?

There is a site in the UK selling them but eBay is more expensive.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
I just ordered a DoorBird D101s

Now I cannot wait.

As my house is rented I will prob just pinhole through a cat5 cable or a power lead.

Don’t know where my cat5 cable tools have gone since I moved.

Anyway as it supports ONVIF when in NVR mode should be able to get the video on the TV

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member

Hi there

Can you send me the MACRO example via PM if possible?

I will be connecting it originally in the App vis ONVIF but home control will for sure be how I want to use it going forward to put on the screen an image of who is outside.

Turning the TV ON and Off if its already off sounds cool if movement is detected, might also be funny if it does this on my V1 when my fella is playing Ps4, that little benefit I will forget to mention until he is playing and it happens.

Now I am thinking what to buy next.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Fri, Sep 25 2020 6:41 AM

Hello,

I will pm you the macro as soon as I get home. If you are in a hurry you can find it on the khimo site. Have in mind that if you use the motion detection of the doorbird to turn the tv on at home control screen have in mind that it will do it every time motion is detected. In other words you need to place the doorbird at a place that the sensor captures the movement that you want. For example someone standing at your door instead of someone passing by. Otherwise I am afraid you will have your tvs always on!!! Smile

https://khimo.github.io/bli-guides/how-tos/howto-doorbell-tv-initial-st

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Tassos:

Hello,

I will pm you the macro as soon as I get home. If you are in a hurry you can find it on the khimo site. Have in mind that if you use the motion detection of the doorbird to turn the tv on at home control screen have in mind that it will do it every time motion is detected. In other words you need to place the doorbird at a place that the sensor captures the movement that you want. For example someone standing at your door instead of someone passing by. Otherwise I am afraid you will have your tvs always on!!!

https://khimo.github.io/bli-guides/how-tos/howto-doorbell-tv-initial-st

Yeah I was thinking about that yesterday.

It might be worth only the button press activating the HC on the TV, otherwise when I am sleeping all TV,s will come on and off themselves lol.

Maybe motion is OK just for my Apple watch. I will have a think and see what works best.

As it stands I still get it on screen via HC manually for now.

It’s possible I think in the doorbird settings to change the distance of the motion sensor that triggers it.

Cheers

Sean

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Fri, Sep 25 2020 10:48 AM

Hello again,

Check your e-mail.Wink

One thing I don't understand is why there is no way (at least of my knowledge) to assign a static IP to the doorbird. In case of a router restart or every know and then that the router decides to assign another IP to the doorbird you have to access the BLI system settings an change to the knew IP. You should also do it for the camera at the interface section if you add it the old fashioned way.

A nice idea that maybe the guys in khimo should consider is to make the products join what is playing when your watch is connected via bluetooth to them.

Example:

You are listening to tunein in your living room and you go to your bedroom to get dressed. No need to use your mobile or directly make the product join the living room system. The moment you are in bluetooth range (circa 10 meters) it will join if and only if something is playing in another room. First of all I do not know if it is feasible (I see no obvious reason why it wouldn't), secondly you have to have a large house/rooms last but by no means least I believe it will compete to some extent with remotes especially Halo and Essence remote. So why not let the Halo/Beosound 2, etc etc proximity sensors to trigger macros (maybe they already do or you can use the state update I don't know as I do not own any of the above)???? This way they will sell more products as well.Wink

I am trying to make something similar by connecting the lights to specific B&O products so when I turn the lights on in my bathroom if something is playing (any B&O device any source) it will automatically join it. Otherwise it will start on spotify. If you turn the lights off then the speaker turns off as well. It is a good alternative to the bluetooth way but it doesn't work during day time as I don't turn the lights onBig Smile

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Seanie_230 replied on Fri, Sep 25 2020 11:33 AM
Hi there

No email yet but emails seem so to be delayed or intermittent from Beoworld.

Just a thought on static IP address.

You could configure a MAC address to IP static assignment on your router.

Most routers even the basic ones allow you to manually assign an IP to a MAC address.

Check your router settings it should allow you to make the address perm for devices.

Good luck

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Fri, Sep 25 2020 11:43 AM

Thanx for the tipThumbs Up

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member

And it works via ONVIF

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Wed, Sep 30 2020 12:42 PM

Yes - thumbs up

(btw love your setup)

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Just asked for permission to swap my doorbell with the doorbird, then i will put it outside doesn’t work in the window and gets reflection when the IR LED’s come on and picture is poor.

Fingers crossed i will get that today and can install outside.

Need POE injector or switch first I think.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Wed, Sep 30 2020 2:33 PM

Seanie_230:
Just asked for permission to swap my doorbell with the doorbird, then i will put it outside doesn’t work in the window and gets reflection when the IR LED’s come on and picture is poor.

Fingers crossed i will get that today and can install outside.

Need POE injector or switch first I think.

I have mine installed with power injector and works like a charm!

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member

Thank you for your comment about my setup it took time but I love it.

I am thinking to buy a POE switch as I have a few POE devices now and it will save some space on the extension lead.

1x BLI / 1X Access point / 1 x Doorbird so it might be time to go for a swtich if I can find one cheap on ebay TP Link or something.

Since I installed the doorbird one of my hue rooms has gone crazy, the button turns on some of the lights or they come on and go off again, i switched off the doorbird and tried the switch and it just doesnt play ball so I will remove and add again after a full reboot, something is not right.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Wed, Sep 30 2020 4:28 PM
Getting a Poe switch would be the best but try to be proactive....I got mine with 8 Poe plugs only to realise after a while that I need at least 16...Whistle
Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Currently I need three so 8 port should be fine.

If I add cameras in future a few more but these little ones are only 55watt so another would be needed in the loft perhaps.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Thu, Oct 1 2020 7:28 AM

Thumbs Up

JensHauge
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member
JensHauge replied on Wed, Oct 14 2020 2:31 PM

Hi Tassos,

for the Doorbird - what triggers can be send to my BLI ?

- I understand Motion Detection is one trigger, but can the Doorbird OIS App also trigger my BLI ??

e.g. I need a trigger when pressing the "Unlock" button from the Iphone App interface to send a "open door/lock" trigger to my BLI >> then I can have my KNX to push a 24v signal to door lock to unlook the door for 10 seconds.  

/jens

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Hi there

The doorbird has a unlock feature within the app, it triggers the relay in the device to unlock a lock.

Don’t know if this helps but i cannot see why you would use the KNX when doorbird app can do it

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

JensHauge
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member
JensHauge replied on Wed, Oct 14 2020 3:43 PM

Hi Seanie_230,

The problem using the build-in relay in the Doorbird is, that any smart person can then just remove the doorbird and use the 24v power accessible to shortcut the relay and open the door.

If I use the KNX to push the 24v signal directly from my basement only when trigger by the "unlock" triggger, its not possible to tamper the setup from the outside. hope that make sense.

/Jens

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Hi there

Makes perfect sense I never really through about it that way.

When i had a finger print scanner on my previous home the electronics were internal only and rs485 to outside part.

Makes sense

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

JensHauge
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member
JensHauge replied on Wed, Oct 14 2020 9:46 PM

Hi,

I found this on https://khimo.github.io/help_drivers/doorbird/Available Resources

The available resources are:

• OPEN_DOOR: Resource for open door locks/relays. On BeoLink Gateway, this resource is mapped as BUTTON resource type. Has a PRESS command for open door lock.
  • LIGHT_ON: Resource for turn the light on of DoorBird unit.
  • MOTION_SENSOR: Resource that fire event when motion sensor on DoorBird unit detects activity.
  • DOORBELL: Resource that fire event when door bell button is pressed on DoorBird unit

so the OPEN_DOOR must be the event to capture to trigger the KNX 24v power supply to open the door/lock.

/J

JensHauge
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member
JensHauge replied on Sat, Nov 21 2020 10:35 AM

Okay , so got my DoorBird installed and now I can see that the resources have different "directions" and they are not all triggered by the DoorBird and sent to the BLI.

Trigger/Event sent from the DoorBird to the BLI:

• MOTION_SENSOR: Resource that fire event when motion sensor on DoorBird unit detects activity.
  • DOORBELL: Resource that fire event when door bell button is pressed on DoorBird unit

Trigger/Event sent from the BLI to the DoorBird:

• OPEN_DOOR: Resource for open door locks/relays. On BeoLink Gateway, this resource is mapped as BUTTON resource type. Has a PRESS command for open door lock.
  • LIGHT_ON: Resource for turn the light on of DoorBird unit.

Quistion:

Anyone who have an idea, how I can have Event similar to the OPEN_DOOR - but send from the DoorBird when pressing the "Open relay" in the App to trigger the BLI ??? as I don't what to use the physical relay in the Doorbird to open the door, but instead my BLI to manage the Relay??

jens

JensHauge
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member
JensHauge replied on Sat, Nov 21 2020 3:02 PM

problem solved by adding a physical KNX switch to the relay on Doorbird, so I get a trigger from the KNX swith >> BLI.... but not the preferred design....

JensHauge
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member
JensHauge replied on Sat, Nov 21 2020 3:02 PM

problem solved by adding a physical KNX switch to the relay on Doorbird, so I get a trigger from the KNX swith >> BLI.... but not the preferred design....

Page 1 of 1 (32 items) | RSS