Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BS5/BM5 Line Out Volume Control

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Kent
Not Ranked
Pennsylvania, USA
Posts 25
Bronze Member
Kent Posted: Tue, Aug 25 2020 8:56 PM

Hi,

I have a BM5 and BS5 that have been sitting on a shelf for a while.  I decided to dust them off and connect them to a vintage non-B&O amplifier.

I connected the Line Out from the BM5 to the Line In on a Phase Linear 4000 preamp.  It sound awesome, but I can't control the volume from the BS5.  When I spin the volume control it shows a blue arc indicating full volume.  I am using N.MUSIC as my source and streaming from a Twonky server.

I used to have the BM connected to another amp and it worked back then, but I also had it connected to a ML system and it was the Audio Master if that makes any difference.  It is still the Audio Master, Option 0.

What do I have to do to be able to use the volume control on the BS5?

Thanks.

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 742
Founder
If you really want to control volume from the BS5 and not your preamp, you need to connect one of the BM5 Powerlink sockets to the preamp’s Line In.

Steve from SoundsHeavenly should be able to supply the correct cables.
Kent
Not Ranked
Pennsylvania, USA
Posts 25
Bronze Member
Kent replied on Wed, Aug 26 2020 2:25 AM

Thanks.  I will order a cable from Sounds Heavenly.  I have a couple of cables already, but none of them do the job.  I'll try a new one from SH.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS