Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beolit 700 (maybe 707/600/others) volume and tone controls

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 3 Followers

longtimelistenerfirsttimecaller Posted: Fri, Aug 28 2020 11:52 AM

My Father has given me his Beolit 700 to look at repairing for him.

It has lost both of it's volume and tone slider controls.

Can anyone recommend anywhere I can source replacements? Or is it a case of finding a donor/someone breaking another unit? Looking at the design of the broken-stump that's still there for the volume control, it looks a pretty flimsy design. In addition, looking at photos of other units online an awful lot of them are missing one of or both of these controls...Is this a doomed search???

priklep
Top 500 Contributor
Slovakia
Posts 103
Bronze Member
priklep replied on Sat, Aug 29 2020 6:37 PM

Hi,

very hard to find these sliders. Here is zip file for 3d printing, not stunning look, but quite good attempt.

https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/36022.aspx

I wasn't entirely happy with the 3d Print, so I have modeled my own 4 part replacement making use of some aluminium extrusion to make it look a bit more "factory". Though it deviates a little from the original design, it should be significantly stronger, making use of all the support points available.

Here's the progress on the model...

...I've done a number of test prints and refinements already. I'm getting very close!

priklep
Top 500 Contributor
Slovakia
Posts 103
Bronze Member
priklep replied on Thu, Sep 3 2020 3:46 PM

Hi,

your project is stunning. Slider looks different, but I can feel industrial taste there. Let us know your results, mamy people are looking for them.

matador43
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,373
Bronze Member

priklep:
not stunning look, but quite good attempt.

Hi,

I am responsable for the 3D file, an I can assure it's a perfect fit because it is working on my Beolit 707 since then without any problem.
The quite ugly look is only because of the poor 3D printing quality for whatever reason not worth to mention here.

But if printing quality is good, just add a drop of white paint in the groove and sure you get the best original looking quality/price wise replacement part you can get. And if you're a little bit maniac, just print two and replace them both

Cheers! 

Matador43, I meant no disrespect to your hard work, I can see you've put a lot of time getting your model as authentic as possible.

For me, I just don't want anything that looks like a 3d print (they always do) hence why I'm using some aluminium u-section to cap it all. Sadly this means it loses done authenticity as a trade-off.

priklep
Top 500 Contributor
Slovakia
Posts 103
Bronze Member
priklep replied on Fri, Sep 4 2020 5:26 AM

• Respect to both of you for your work.
  • I tried to print matador43 model, but it always looked like a toy, shiny, layers visible, ..., I did not get better results after sanding and black paint (hlave 3 Beolits 707)

priklep
Top 500 Contributor
Slovakia
Posts 103
Bronze Member
priklep replied on Fri, Sep 4 2020 5:26 AM

• Respect to both of you and for your work, again.

matador43
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,373
Bronze Member

priklep:
always looked like a toy, shiny, layers visible

Yes, same result I had. Shininess is not too much a problem for me as the orignal knob is shinny too even if not in the same way.
But the visibles layers are visible too from close look. In that print it was not too much an issue but I also give to print a Beo4 remote wall holder and in that case it delaminated and couldn't hold the remote safely.

I dont understand well 3D printing but I believe it is giver to the printer (device) quality and printer (operator) talent which in my cas was a little bit lazy.
I've seen enough 3D printed solid objects to think that it could be done nicely. 

matador43
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,373
Bronze Member

longtimelistenerfirsttimecaller:
I meant no disrespect to your hard work,

No problem "member with a long name" Smile. In fact it was not such a hard work!

I just wanted to underline the model is accurate because i suspect it can be easier to common people to 3D print something the machine a metal block, so thy need to know with solution work.

I'd like to do some modifications to the end-caps, but they function perfectly and were done in time for my Father's milestone birthday...

priklep
Top 500 Contributor
Slovakia
Posts 103
Bronze Member
priklep replied on Thu, Oct 29 2020 8:06 PM

Hi matador,

I am finally satisfied with the result. A colleague at work has ideal 3D printer settings now (propter material for propter printer) and printed a few pieces of sliders (PETG) for me. Excellent result Smile

Raw slider (3D print on the left):

Wet sanding with 800 grid (only visible surfaces) and groove painting with white color (applied with medical nedle):

Final result (perfect shapem perfect surface, slightly different shade of black (3D print on the left):

matador43
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,373
Bronze Member
matador43 replied on Thu, Oct 29 2020 10:52 PM

priklep:

Hi matador,

I am finally satisfied with the result. A colleague at work has ideal 3D printer settings now (propter material for propter printer) and printed a few pieces of sliders (PETG) for me. Excellent result Smile

Hi,

Amazing result! Very well done priklep!

I wish my nephew has the same dedication in getting that results :-)

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS