Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocenter 1600 top removal

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

sandwer
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
sandwer Posted: Tue, Sep 1 2020 1:43 PM

Hi, 

First post. I have three projects ongoing at the moment (a BM4000, a BM1100 and this BC1600), but the becocenter 1600 has me completely stumped at what should be the easiest thing to do.  I can't remove the top!  

It's operational (apart from one of the orange electrolytic popping it's lid) but needs the tuning cord reattaching and a new belt in the cassette - and all these things can be done in the fullness of time....except, I need to remove the top.  

It should just slide to the left like my BG1100, shouldn't it? All whacks with the clues tick gratefully received...

Richard

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Sep 1 2020 5:19 PM

The top cover has brackets down inside the vertical backside.
Losen two (or is it three) screws at the back and lift up the cover at its rear edge.
When the top cover clears the back, pull it out away from the front rail.

Martin  

sandwer
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
sandwer replied on Wed, Sep 2 2020 10:42 AM

Ah, thanks Martin, 

That did it -  and an additional pair of screws that need to be removed to release the top by the tape deck behind the side trim panel. 

Tuning cord hell underway. 

Richard

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Wed, Sep 2 2020 11:10 AM

sandwer:

Ah, thanks Martin, 

That did it -  and an additional pair of screws that need to be removed to release the top by the tape deck behind the side trim panel. 

Yes, that's right. Two countersunk screws.

Martin

jamospingal
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member

Great. I'm going to need that advice. I have a Beocenter 1600 (2606) but there is no output to the speakers. The cassette player functions, so there is power but there are no lights on the front panel and the receiver doesn't output sound to the speakers either. The heatsink at the back is warm so there is functionality somewhere. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It looks like the small axial electrolytic caps on the main PCB have been replaced, since they look quite modern. I would really like to get this beautiful looking piece of history up and running again.Removing the speaker connector makes a connection noise.

Successfully brought back a Beogram 3000 (5228), Beomaster 2000, Beocord 2000 and a Beocord 3300 and I use them all ! This is my next project.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS