Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoRemote One (BT) Light menu options

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

crossbytje
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 224
Bronze Member
crossbytje Posted: Mon, Sep 7 2020 5:49 PM

Hi,

(First a bit of background, my question is in down below.)

I'm playing with my BR1BT and (ab)using it for my media center / home control/automation system.

I have an IR eye with an arduino attached which feeds the IR codes to an openHAB server which can control many devices in my home. (See other threads here on that topic.)

I have recently acquired some Shelly plugs which I use to automatically turn on floor lights and set scenes depending on which source I'm watching or listening to. All works well. Now I wanted to use the LIGHT menu options of the BR1 to control those lamps separately. I can enable a number of different items in the LIST like 'morning', 'Home', 'Dinner', 'watching TV', etc. (Loosely translated to English, my remote is setup in Dutch).

Now, I can select them in the LIST menu and can read the transmitted code, and thus make my automation system turn on/off certain lights.

However, some of these items behave differently than others, and I can't seem to figure out the system behind. I can go into the LIGHT menu and see the different options, but when I press 'ok' on those options, one of several things can happen: 

• either the chosen option flashes once and stays on screen as the only item, I can press 'ok' again and the same code gets sent
  • either the chosen option flashes once and stays on screen, but keeps the possibility of scrolling up or down the list of options. (which is not possible in the scenario above)
  • either the chosen option flashes once and dissapears immediately from the screen.

I did not (yet) find other behavior, most of the options disappear immediately after selecting (third scenario). 

Does anybody have an idea why these are setup like this, and is there an overview of which option yields which behavior when selected?

(I plan on using the BR1 for powering up my fireplace too, but through the CONTROL menu items. There, similar different behaviors can be observed...)

Beolit 12 - Beolab 4 pc (dead now) - Beoplay H5 - Beolab 9 - BeoRemote One BT - Beoplay M3

crossbytje
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 224
Bronze Member

No one can shed any light on the structure of these menu items, why certain behavior is the way it is?

Beolit 12 - Beolab 4 pc (dead now) - Beoplay H5 - Beolab 9 - BeoRemote One BT - Beoplay M3

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Maybe ask Willie, who is on the Mikipedis BeoTalk podcast each sunday. - he might be able to give you some advice.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS