Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocenter 2300 and beolab 3500 issue

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Lars Alsbjerg
Not Ranked
Århus, Denmark
Posts 18
Bronze Member
Lars Alsbjerg Posted: Wed, Sep 9 2020 10:36 AM

Hi all...

I have recently installed a minor setup in a vacation house.
The setup is as described in the drawing:

My issue is that I have to connect both datalink and MK2 powerlink between the beocenter and the converter for the system to function.
Normally I only connect a datalink between the beocenter and converter, but if I do so here, my beolab 3500 will not function. It will not turn on the beocenter and will only give static noise when switched on.

When both datalink and MK2 powerlink is connected to the converter the music will turn on in the main room, if I turn on the link room, which is an issue for me...

BTW I have tried with different converters with the same result. All was 1611 with different software (1.0 and 1.3

What is wrong here, what am I doing wrong? any input for my trouble shooting is highly appreciated! 

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Wed, Sep 9 2020 7:19 PM

In the first instance, I would check the datalink cable carefully, and pay particular attention to whether pins 6 and 7 are screwed fully in.  Maybe check continuity with a multimeter.

Johan
Top 200 Contributor
Bolsward, NL
Posts 450
Gold Member
Johan replied on Thu, Sep 10 2020 8:58 AM

My BeoMaster 6500 is connected to the MCL/ML converter with just the Audio Aux Link cable. And it works perfectly. I bought that cable from SoundsHeavenly, it actually is a Powerlink mk 2 compatible - Black (8 pin DIN cable with fully wired 8 cores) with the central pin snapped off.

Hope this helps!

Johan
Top 200 Contributor
Bolsward, NL
Posts 450
Gold Member
Johan replied on Thu, Sep 10 2020 9:01 AM

using the TV/AUX socket on the BeoMaster and the Audio Aux Link socket on the converter

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

@Lars

I have been using a similar setup (with a 1611) for many years without any issues using only the Aux-cable.

As already noted, I would look for the quality of the Aux-cable!!! Please try a different one.

Also it is important that - when you turn on the devices after connections are made - you turn on/power on the 1611 as the last device.

If this does not help, you should look for the ML connection - do you have a junctionbox between the devices?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Lars Alsbjerg
Not Ranked
Århus, Denmark
Posts 18
Bronze Member

Thanks for your replies...

I guess I have to check the aux link cable once again.
The current is a newly made cable created according to:

http://www.abo-center.dk/Abo_center_2/reptips/diagrammer/B&o%20kabler/2005-05-27_220900_7_Pol_Din_Aux_line_kabel.jpg

I tried with another old aux link, which act the same way.

The masterlink is assembled with a juctionbox, which is checked for connection issues... my first suspect :)

I will return, when I have tried out alternative cables.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS