Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Joining HDMI source out of sync.

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

L1NO
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 250
Bronze Member
L1NO Posted: Tue, Oct 6 2020 7:48 PM

Hello,

When joining my V1 in Netradio from a Core, Essence or M3 the sound is in synch (±200ms delay, but understandable).

With the airplay sync feature of the apple tv also airplay is perfectly in sync.

HDMI with the apple-tv does not sync at all; is HDMI input supposed to be in sync, are there settings?

Best regards,

ebnrob
Top 500 Contributor
UK
Posts 174
Bronze Member
ebnrob replied on Fri, Oct 9 2020 5:38 PM

Hi there, check that the input source is not in Gaming or PC mode - these modes remove the delay needed for the b&o 'Join' audio sync.

Airplay 2 (Apple) multiroom with between apple TV and other airplay 2 speakers (I have an M3 and essence mk2) is never in sync, there doesn't seem to be a way to set a video processing delay in the apple TV which is a shame.

L1NO
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 250
Bronze Member
L1NO replied on Mon, Dec 14 2020 8:47 AM

About the apple-tv, it's now supporting an audio sync feature. It's only verry buggy. Find it in settings.

ebnrob
Top 500 Contributor
UK
Posts 174
Bronze Member
ebnrob replied on Wed, Dec 16 2020 9:35 PM

I've tried this (holding the iphone close to TV while it plays an audio tone) , but it only appears to apply the sync/delay when playing a video on the apple TV and airplaying it's audio to an airplay2 speaker? (Use-case homepods for surround perhaps?)

L1NO:

About the apple-tv, it's now supporting an audio sync feature. It's only verry buggy. Find it in settings.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS