Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Laptop with Docking Station

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Seanie_230 Posted: Fri, Oct 23 2020 4:21 PM

Hello there

I have a question about a PC but not with Bang and Olufsen.

My Laptop is my work laptop and its a dell connected to a dell docking station via USB C cable for all connectivity.

Now my partner has a MSI laptop and it does not support Video over USBC or charging, charging I dont mind but when swapping laptops from the home setup we have to disconnect HDMI and USBC to swap over laptops.

I know this is really trivial BUT is there a way of combining the HDMI and USBC of the laptop together in a little hub like device so then i can just plug the docking station USBC cable into for his machine?

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Solved we bought a new PC with USB-C port that connects to the dell docking station.

The PC connects to the monitor via display port

My laptop uses the same USB-C cable and i have the monitor HDMI cable connected to the dock

When he uses the PC it uses USBC and when i use the laptop it uses same cable for thunderbolt.

So all in all one clean tidy install with a single cable to swap devices.

And as a positive some Lab4’s connected to the dock so it sounds great too.

Problems solved

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

Ah just saw this 

I had a similar issue and had to buy a dock to run two monitors and my working remotely setup.

Work laptop is a ThinkPad and I went for the Lenovo Hybrid dock.  It's a good dock actually.  Although it doesn't dock by the traditional means of snapping in, it docks by the USB-C. 

The specs at work said that the Hybrid dock doesn't charge my laptop T470S, however it does, which i'm happy with. 

Good luck with the set up for both of you. 

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Aussie Michael:

Ah just saw this

I had a similar issue and had to buy a dock to run two monitors and my working remotely setup.

Work laptop is a ThinkPad and I went for the Lenovo Hybrid dock. It's a good dock actually. Although it doesn't dock by the traditional means of snapping in, it docks by the USB-C.

The specs at work said that the Hybrid dock doesn't charge my laptop T470S, however it does, which i'm happy with.

Good luck with the set up for both of you.

Went well actually

My work laptop is a dell and I have a sell dock also with USB-C

My monitor is connected to my dock via HDMI and all other devices as in keyboard and mouse and beolab 4 connected to it

The PC has USB-C that does not support video which is great as the PC connects to the monitor via display port and the monitor detects the input.

So now one cable is used to switch between full PC setup and work laptop, and it sounds great too Smile

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS