Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 2000 missing 7 pin din

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Bridge
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
Bridge Posted: Wed, Nov 11 2020 2:03 PM

Hi,

This is the first time that I've asked a question on a forum so please bare with me if I make any mistakes. I have tried very hard to find the answer to the following question but I just can't find exactly what I need.

Basically I've got Beomaster 3000 and a Beocord 2000 and the Terminal 3000 which I bought from a carboot sale for £25 and all work fine. Earlier this year a got a Beogram 2000 with a good MMC4 but the 7 pin din plug had been cut off. I'm happy to solder a new din plug on but what I need to know is what colour leads go to which pins. Also I've just noticed that the lead from the Beocord has been converted to phonos so I'd like to go back to 7 pin din for that as well so would also like to know which colour leads to which pins.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks, Mark

Bridge
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
Bridge replied on Thu, Nov 12 2020 8:31 PM

Any help??

Bridge
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
Bridge replied on Thu, Nov 12 2020 8:32 PM

Any help??

Lee
Top 150 Contributor
Newcastle upon Tyne UK
Posts 734
Bronze Member
Lee replied on Thu, Nov 12 2020 9:26 PM
I’m not sure there are standard wiring colours but I may be wrong.

I do know that re-soldering a DIN plug is notoriously difficult. It may be easier to replace the entire cable with one with a DIN plug already attached and use a multimeter in continuity mode to check the pin out.
Homersaurus
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Bronze Member

Have a look at this link:

https://www.beoworld.org/beotech/misc1.htm

The cable to view is the Datalink type which uses 7 pins; the usual 5 pins for signals and then the datalink signal.   The colours are to a defined DIN standard.

Viewing the connectors is from the SOLDER side.   Fiddly to do but quite possible.

Bridge
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
Bridge replied on Sat, Nov 14 2020 2:34 PM

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking about getting a cable but that would mean taking the beogram apart which I didn't really want to do.

Bridge
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
Bridge replied on Sat, Nov 14 2020 2:39 PM

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, that link is exactly what I need. The beogram hasn't got a green cable at all but then again it doesn't need it, the Beocord has got all the matching colours so I'd better get my steady soldering hand on!!

One other thing the beogram has got a black cable that has got sort of white fibres in it, any idea what this is?

Homersaurus
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Bronze Member

The white fibres are just a type of synthetic string to provide support, strength and body to the cable itself and are not connected to anything. They would be trimmed off just before the plug.

If you can find a 7 pin socket - line socket or chassis socket - then this can be used to hold the plug in a vice or clamp when you solder it. This makes it a lot easier to solder (but don't put the plug into a socket in the amplifier/receiver or any other equipment).

Bridge
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
Bridge replied on Sun, Nov 15 2020 9:37 AM

That's interesting, thanks.

That's a great idea, I was a bit worried about putting the plug in a vice when soldering. I'm sure I've got a 7 pin socket somewhere, I'll have a go at soldering it this afternoon.

Thanks for your help 😃

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS