Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocord 2200 Motor whine.

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

matador43
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,373
Bronze Member
matador43 Posted: Wed, Dec 9 2020 11:04 AM

Good morning guys,

Today was a day as I like them: I get nice things from nice people for almost just a smile and the promise I'll take care of them. They were a Beomaster 3400 (quad) and a Beocord 2200, both in exceptional cosmetic conditions. The Beomaster is sold as not working and I'll take a look at it later (likely in a specific thread).

Right now I've plugged the Beocord: everything lights up bright and the tape did play for few seconds with vu-meter dancing along and stops. Should be loose belts?

Everything is clean inside appart from a little white dust that looks like paint powder. 

The problem is the motor makes a high pitched whining constant noise. I removed the belt and the whine is clearly coming from the motor spinning. There was a black painted circle on the pole side which did peel off just by touching it. I've also seen they are screws on the connection side of the motor.

Is the motor completely dead or is it just a matter of lubrication. And if so, how do I do that?

Thank you for your advices.

matador43
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,373
Bronze Member
matador43 replied on Thu, Dec 10 2020 1:40 PM

In the meantime I've found instruction on how to lubricate the shaft bearings.
But I would have like to ear some advices before doing something that may damage the motor? 

Thanks

matador43
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,373
Bronze Member
matador43 replied on Fri, Dec 11 2020 6:46 AM

Found this thread! https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/3845/34432.aspx#34432

Learned a new word and followed the advices: whining or squeal, gone!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS