Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

DVB on a beovision 6-26 (hdmi)

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

sotoszx
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
sotoszx Posted: Tue, Dec 15 2020 7:20 PM

Hi, recently I own a 6-26 last edition (hdmi). Because I can't find the digital channels, is there a way to find out if it has a digital receiver? Any opinions? Thanks in advanceSmile

ebnrob
Top 500 Contributor
UK
Posts 174
Bronze Member
ebnrob replied on Thu, Dec 17 2020 10:43 AM

It would say under the speaker grille whether it has the DVB accessory fitted. I don't think they support the latest digital steams though so many channels will be missing even if you do have it. The Humax HD-Fox-T2 is a good match for the BV6, superb picture quality even on SCART (RGB) and the TV is able to control it with the PUC IR blaster as though it were built in.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Thu, Dec 17 2020 10:56 AM

As above, one of my my 6-26s has the digital tuner and has 'DVT' written on the little label next to 'Acc'.

You can also check on the TV's service menu: Press MENU 0 0 GO, and DTV should be at the bottom of the list of options (below MONITOR and TV TUNER).

Unless it has been updated since mine, the DTV/DVT tuner is very slow/clunky - it will tune to all the non-HD channels here in UK, but programme/guide data is almost unusable.  I therefore use the Humax set top box that is recommended above.

(EDIT:  The digital tuner should have a separate antenna connection at the back, so make sure that you have connected your aerial to this, and not the one for analogue transmissions).

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS