Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision 7-40

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 0 Followers

loureed5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 171
Gold Member
loureed5 Posted: Fri, Dec 18 2020 1:44 PM

Hello,

Firstly, can anyone please tell me the difference between a Mark 1,Mark 11,Mark 111 and Mark 1V ?

I have a Beovision 7-40,but don't know what version it is.

It is a Type 9351,with serial no.18928695.

I have a problem whereby the DVD has defaulted to Region 2 after 3 years of recognizing Region 4.If that is a Mark 1,how do I do a factory default re-set?

Thanks

Noel

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Fri, Dec 18 2020 3:37 PM

It's a Mk1, so unfortunately there is no service manual on the site.  Maybe try some of the service menu options from the Mk2 manual?

B&O TVs usually show the service menu if you press MENU 0 0 GO, and take it from there.  I am pretty sure that you can check the DVD region code, but am not sure how to change it, if indeed it is possible.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Fri, Dec 18 2020 3:42 PM

Hi loureed5 

Type 9351 serienr.18928695. = BeoVision 7-40" MK 1. from 11-2006 to 03-2006.

loureed5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 171
Gold Member
loureed5 replied on Fri, Dec 18 2020 4:43 PM

Thanks so much for your quick reply.(It's doing my head in )

I found the DVD service menu,after the "menu 00 go"

as you suggested.

It confirmed Region 2,but couldn't access it to change to Region 4..

Very frustrating. It might be a job for the service centre,unless I can work out how to reset the TV to factory default ,like you suggested in a previous post.

( I checked the Mark 11 service manual,but no instruction how to reset to factory default)

regards

Noel.

loureed5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 171
Gold Member
loureed5 replied on Fri, Dec 18 2020 4:47 PM

Many thanks Peter Pan for the clarification.

Where did you go to get that information?

Much appreciated

Noel.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Fri, Dec 18 2020 4:58 PM

loureed5:
unless I can work out how to reset the TV to factory default

In the Service Menu, it should be listed under MONITOR - last item in the list.

But having looked at earlier threads, I think you will need either a specially modified Beo4, or a Beo5/6 with some special coding, in order to change the DVD region.   Probably a dealer task, if even they still have the required eqpt.

See here for background info: https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/7752.aspx

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
Posts 271
Bronze Member
L Spad replied on Fri, Dec 18 2020 6:26 PM

If you have a MLGW or BLGW there is a simple key sequence you can send via masterlink to set it region free

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
Posts 271
Bronze Member
L Spad replied on Fri, Dec 18 2020 6:32 PM

From a previous thread “ Dear all, just to say a huge thank you to Keith and all involved in working out the correct hex value for the DVD REG2 command. The relevant command is FC Hex or 252 in decimal. I set my DVD player on my Beovision 7-32 to region free via the masterlink gateway - an alternative approach to the special Beo4 or a correctly programmed Beo5/6. All you need to do is send code 'FC' to the relevant masterlink node. I did this using the excellent MLGW plugin that PhilLondon produced for the Indigo home automation server software. I've tested it with a few DVDs and all is working as expected thanks to the contributions of a number of Beoworld-ers so thanks to all!”

loureed5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 171
Gold Member
loureed5 replied on Fri, Dec 18 2020 7:01 PM

Hi Guy,

Thanks to the "code" you gave me , I found " reset to default" under Monitor Service Menu.

The region code however remains at 2,not 4.

And unfortunately DTV doesn't work anymore, so the setting with STB is inoperable, so I've obviously stuffed something up.

regards

Noel.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Fri, Dec 18 2020 7:11 PM

loureed5:
And unfortunately DTV doesn't work anymore, so the setting with STB is inoperable

I think RESET TO DEFAULT will have cleared STB settings.  You'll need to go to your CONNECTIONS menu and let the TV know what STB you are using - it's all explained in the User Manual.

loureed5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 171
Gold Member
loureed5 replied on Sat, Dec 19 2020 7:15 AM

Thanks Guy-will give it a go.

Regards

Noel.

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
Posts 812
Gold Member

Not sure about the Mk1 but I had a Mk3 and we did change the region code on that to multi region. I seem to remember it was done entering a 4 digit code using the Beo4 remote but I can’t recall the exact details. You need to know what model the DVD player is, which you can then Google to find the code. My dealer did it before delivery so it was possible on the Mk3 and I would assume on the Mk1 also.

To answer your other questions, the main differences between the versions were picture quality and connection options. The Mk3 was a significant change with a BeoSystem 3 incorporated that offered a 1080p picture with HDMI and other connections. The previous models were 720p. The Mk6 was the final and best version which offered another significant change as the panel used full array backlit dimming zones giving an incredible picture quality.

B&O products are V1-32, BS2, H95, E8 and an Essence remote.
11-46 now replaced with Sony A90J 65”, Sony HT-A9, Sony UBP-X800M2 and Sony SRS-NS7.

loureed5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 171
Gold Member
loureed5 replied on Sat, Dec 19 2020 12:37 PM

Thanks for your input Beonic Man.

Any chance you know the model no.of the DVD that's built in to the Beovision 7-40?

regards

Noel.

loureed5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 171
Gold Member
loureed5 replied on Sat, Dec 19 2020 12:52 PM

Hi Guy,

Just a note to thank you for the very helpful and accurate advice. (No way known I could have come up with that code to access the service menu).

(As far as I can see,it's not mentioned in the service manual.)

And finally I have a clear vision of what needs to be done to change the Region Code!!

Regards 

Noel.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sun, Dec 20 2020 11:50 AM

^ No problem - I hope that you find a solution!

And it could be easier to find a cheap DVD1 with the correct region code and connect that instead!

loureed5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 171
Gold Member
loureed5 replied on Sun, Dec 20 2020 12:58 PM

Wow ! another direct hit Guy !

I completely forgot that 5 years ago ,I bought a Beovision 3-32 as a bedroom TV,and included in the price was a DVD 1- which I was able to set to region free using a code obtained from Beoworld.

However ,I never used it much ,and it's been sitting there collecting dust.

If getting the Beovision 7-40 to be region free means a trip to the service centre (for the special Beo4), I won't be doing it. They're 135km away -hour and a half drive away. And they charge a fee of $120 AUS. just to look at it.

By the way ,somehow by pushing buttons over and over , I was able to get back the DTV and therefore the set top box (which kept its settings).

Once again,many thanks for your advice,

Regards 

Noel.

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS