Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocord 7000 restoration, lots of pictures...

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 1 Follower

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,213
Bronze Member
Weebyx Posted: Wed, Dec 23 2020 5:19 PM

Hi All.

I got hold of a BC7000 and CD7000, both were defect. CD7000 just needed a cleaning and the usual caps, then its back to life, the BC7000 however... A whole other story.

The previous "technical owner", had tried to change belts him self, not being aware that the plastic part that holds the drive, is very fragile after all these years, and just started unscrewing the screws, resulting in a disaster of plastic parts. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of it, but it was in 10 pieces, and some missing.

I tried to glue it back together, but since parts were missing, and a lot of the broken parts was the holes for the screws, it could not be saved.

So I decided to see if I could manufacture something that would work. I had a drive from an Ouverture in the boxes of stuff, and it had the plastic cover still attached. The drives are identical, besides from the location of the motor, so I decided to see if this would work.

After a lot of cutting and measuring, and also fabricating plastic parts so the suspension pats could fit again, it all came back to life :) it is not 100% as pretty, but better than just dumping the unit.

All belts in drive and drawer motor has been changed, and the 4 wheels for the drawer has also been changed, Martin(Dillen) can supply all parts.

Then it was time to test the drive, and it partially worked, there was a grinding noise, and sometimes it just stopped, I found the missing 1 screw I could not find, inside the drive, after removing that, all was good again :)

So now it is back to 100% life again, all has been stripped and cleaned, and old rusty bolts changed.

Not much more to say, other that we like pictures :)

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS