Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

B&O “Moment Collection” (A1, A9, BS1 & E8) Year of the Ox 2021?

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

BeoAnna
Not Ranked
Posts 78
Bronze Member
BeoAnna Posted: Mon, Jan 18 2021 8:24 AM

Hey everyone! I recently came across this:

https://hypebae.com/2020/12/bang-and-olufsen-chinese-new-year-of-the-ox-2021-moment-collection-earphones-speakers-price-where-to-buy

Did this website “accidentally” spill the beans early or is this new collection region-specific? Just asking as I can’t seem to find any information elsewhere on these new colors.

I’m not really big on this new “Dark Maroon” but the BS1 does definitely look very classy and I do really like the shiny new legs on the A9 4th Gen! Just something to look out for if there’s anyone out here who is looking to pick up any of these products anytime soon.

Take care! 

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 1,842
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Mon, Jan 18 2021 9:09 AM

I'm also not a fan of this color, but I find the shiny legs of the A9 really interesting, it completely changes the perception of the product, it's more B&O and less Beoplay, only aluminum & fabric visible.

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

It's interesting the article is dated 10 Dec, 2020, and there has been no mention on B&O page too.  Looks interesting and i like the idea of the etched design in to the BS. 

I like the polished legs on the A9 and the colourway.

Thanks for the post. 

StKong
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen
Posts 320
Bronze Member
StKong replied on Mon, Jan 18 2021 2:25 PM
I love the color of the BS1, but somehow it doesn't quite look anodized, rather it looks painted. Probably due to the photo. Nice that B&O embraces colours. I hope we will see many more, and I also hope that they will keep true to the unique form factor of BS1 & BS2.

And running off on a tangent, I love the M3, but the design is far from premium and looks to me much like any other speaker.

What I would really love is an M3-like unit clad in aluminium. It could potentially be a revived Beolab 4000 design. That (best-selling) design is timeless and wonderful and could be copied 1:1. That kind of unit would perpetuate the legacy into the "modern" age and there is enough plastic on both the back and the front to ensure proper wifi reception.

If that unit existed, I'd get one (or even two) for every room. What do you guys say?

Time for a more premium M3?
trackbeo
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 644
Bronze Member
trackbeo replied on Mon, Jan 18 2021 4:36 PM

"Year of the Ox"...  "Dark maroon"... -- funny stuff!  Poor little oxen: For those of you whose first language is not English, that is the color traditionally known as "oxblood".

BeoAnna
Not Ranked
Posts 78
Bronze Member
BeoAnna replied on Tue, Jan 19 2021 8:31 AM

I suspect the finish of the BS1 will be similar to what we saw with the New York Edition, but time will tell! I’ve never been big on the M3, I contemplated getting one a while back but I think you just get a lot more of everything with the Beolit if you can do with the newer versions not having Wi-Fi. I think a more premium M3 will just confuse the existing product stack, since that’s kinda what the BS1 is for.

Clearly the BS1 must be doing sufficiently well that we continue to see new colors for the speaker. I do like mine a lot despite my many software-related misadventures with it — and hence my profile picture he he he — and will be sad if the form-factor gets discontinued.

The BS1 is honestly the perfect bedside speaker and its what got me back into the brand.

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 911
Bronze Member
steve1977 replied on Tue, Jan 19 2021 4:19 PM
Agree the BS1 is excellent and i’m looking forward to this new color!

I do believe there is space between the M3 and the BS1 for a more premium speaker than the M3. Ideally with NL and battery. Or a beolit with NL.
Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Hague, The Netherlands
Posts 768
Bronze Member
Fansastic replied on Tue, Jan 19 2021 4:22 PM
steve1977:

Agree the BS1 is excellent and i’m looking forward to this new color!

I do believe there is space between the M3 and the BS1 for a more premium speaker than the M3. Ideally with NL and battery. Or a beolit with NL.

Beolit with NL, please please! I’m awaiting this since Beolit12 already!

BV Harmony 65 / Eclipse 55 / BL 50 / 19 / 18 / BS 2 all brass

BV Horizon 48 / V1 40 / BL 17 / Beoplay S3 all black

V1 / BL 3 / BS Essence MKII / Beoplay A3 all white

BS Moment / BS 3000 / BS 3200 / BL 400 all silver

Headphones / bluetooth speakers / BLC NL-ML / BLGateway

I know…B&O virus has grown on me ! 

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Tue, Jan 19 2021 4:38 PM

Yeah, there is room for a 750-1.000 euro speaker. Maybe the BeoSound Level will be in that price spot?

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 911
Bronze Member
steve1977 replied on Tue, Jan 19 2021 11:31 PM
1990:

Yeah, there is room for a 750-1.000 euro speaker. Maybe the BeoSound Level will be in that price spot?

I’d say at 500-600. That’s still double from the M3.

I think the beosound 1 is an excellent product and price. That’s why i own 4 of them :)

I think we need a “M3 plus” rather than a “beosound 1 minus). An M3 in aluminium with battery or a beolit with NL. This could be a natural upgrade from the M3. And given it’s small size and far inferior sound, it wouldn’t canabilize the beosound.
moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, Jan 20 2021 6:50 AM

StKong:
I love the color of the BS1, but somehow it doesn't quite look anodized, rather it looks painted. 

With my various BS2's and BS1, I much prefer the brushed aluminium finish rather than anything painted.

I'm also assuming this year of the ox release is to coincide with the Chinese new year? Question is, with the colour scheme be launched worldwide.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Wed, Jan 20 2021 2:27 PM

Isn’t the M5 the M3+?

A 1.000 Euro aluminium/fabric speaker would be awesome.  

trackbeo
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 644
Bronze Member
trackbeo replied on Fri, Mar 26 2021 2:37 AM

Postscript: The answer is "No", the color scheme will not be launched worldwide.  According to B&O Hong Kong, "Moment Collection is only available in Greater China and South Korea, including the Beoplay A9, Beosound 1, Beoplay E8 and Beosound A1."  In case you can't tell from their pictures, the A9 materials are Kvadrat fabric, polished (solid) aluminum legs, and "limestone-colored anode alumina rings."  The BeoPlay HX headphone was also issued in dark maroon, only available in "Greater China."  Oddly, their advertising videos cast Occidentals:

https://www.facebook.com/1925denmark/videos/2820019814946004/

https://www.facebook.com/1925denmark/videos/450547389313992/

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS