Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoLab 17 + Stereo Hub

rated by 0 users
This post has 16 Replies | 0 Followers

charlessims
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bronze Member
charlessims Posted: Wed, Jan 20 2021 4:33 PM

Hi Beoworld,

Wanted to make a post to confirm that Beolab 17's are compatible with the System Audio Stereo Hub, all through WISA.

It was the perfect solution to me wanting to connect them to a non-b&o tv. However, I was very unsure when getting both items incase there was some reason they would not work together.

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
Posts 1,762
Bronze Member
CB replied on Wed, Jan 20 2021 6:05 PM
Hi

Thank you for your feedback !

Could you explain what do you call “System Audio Stereo Hub” please?

I know the Beoplay S8 connection hub...
charlessims
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bronze Member

It is a WISA connection hub. Speaks to the beolabs totally wirelessly. 
Here is the link  https://system-audio.com/product/stereo-hub/

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
Posts 1,762
Bronze Member
CB replied on Wed, Jan 20 2021 9:01 PM
Thanks, wasn’t aware of this.

Are you able to use the SA Room Service too? (room correction)
mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Fri, Jan 22 2021 5:44 PM
More information here:

https://www.soundstagesimplifi.com/index.php/equipment-reviews/137-system-audio-legend-5-silverback-active-loudspeakers-and-stereo-hub-wisa-transmitter

Reading between the lines, other than SA Wisa speakers can be used as well with Room Service to calibrate the Stereo Hub.

Interesting device.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

corle48
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
corle48 replied on Mon, Mar 1 2021 8:49 PM

Hello

I've juste receive my stereo hub, to drive my beolab 18 (and 19)

I follow the instruction to pair the speaker and they are connected.

The problem is that they both play right channel and I can't find how to dispatch channel.

On beolab I can just select "wireless" but not a channel

I don't have try setup the subwoofer yet until stereo isn't ok.

So, is there an GUI (google home, ip acces to hub ...) which can allow to attribute channel on connected devices ?

For now, this wisa standard, doesn't seems to be as easy as it's said....

Thanks for feedback

charlessims
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bronze Member

With my 17s  they auto assigned left and right. Have you updated the firmware on the hub? This was a must for me

Ekopf
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Silver Member
Ekopf replied on Tue, Mar 2 2021 6:25 AM

Is it also possible to hardwire the Beolabs?

For some reason I don’t like using WISA.

charlessims
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bronze Member

Yes it is. I have personally never tried it and don’t have the cables to give it a go. You can connect them using powerlink cables. The only issue is the input, they have an analogue input but the digital input needs to be from a bang and Olufsen source. 
therefore it depends on what you wish to connect them to 

corle48
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
corle48 replied on Tue, Mar 2 2021 12:12 PM

Hello,

How can you do this ? where to find the update ?

Thanks

charlessims
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bronze Member

Hi,

You need a USB stick to plug into the back of the hub. 

Instructions are here: https://system-audio.com/new-software-updates-for-silverback-and-stereo-hub/

If not I would suggest resetting the hub (making it forget the speakers) and pairing again.

I believe it should assign each channel to a separate speaker by itself 

corle48
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
corle48 replied on Wed, Mar 3 2021 3:48 PM

Hello

Even with last update the problem still here

From AS , I ve answer that from them the channel is selected on the speaker, and from BO it's done on the streamer (TV or other)

Definitively not compatible for now. Maybe in a few time

charlessims
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bronze Member

I have been doing some research.

I looks to me WISA Left/Right channel selection is based on the speakers MAC address and can hence be changed.

You might be unlucky that both of your speakers are assigned to the same channel. However, it seems this can be changed. B&O will be able to change this or you can yourself.

This manual might be a good place to start: https://www.primare.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/WiSA-User-Guide-Update-2.pdf

lvdb
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
lvdb replied on Sun, Apr 18 2021 3:36 PM

Hi there,

Any update regarding the connectivity between your B&O speakers and the Stereo Hub. Also curious how to tackle the cross-over between the 18 and 19 with the stereo hub.

Cheers.

bbhewee
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
bbhewee replied on Mon, Aug 23 2021 11:09 AM

Hello all. Bouncing on this to see if there are any further experiences. Thanks 

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
Posts 1,762
Bronze Member
CB replied on Thu, Sep 2 2021 2:34 PM
Hub arrived today Lets have a Party !!!

First try: the sound of my BL17 is just better, less flat, but… left channel only on both speakers Unsure

After firmware upgrading and a lot of hassle for pairing again, everything is fine now Smile

(even if I’m not sure it’s the upgrade that solved the issue)

My room:

Upgrade in sound quality isn’t obvious at first. I’ll try another calibration later to see.

The move from wired and Chromecast dongle to WISA brings its own sound improvement.

Note: I changed both speakers to the « free » position before running the calibration.
CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
Posts 1,762
Bronze Member
CB replied on Fri, Sep 3 2021 7:51 AM
corle48:
The problem is that they both play right channel

Hi

Had the same issue with my BL17s. Here is what I did:

* Reset the hub with a pin by pressing the reset button on the back.

* Reset the RIGHT speaker by pressing the reset button till you get a flashing green light (if the BL18 works like the BL17…) AND unplug it from the main. Leave it unplugged.

* Reset the LEFT speaker by pressing the reset button till you get a flashing green light. AND unplug it from the main. Leave it unplugged.

* Start configuring the hub: pair the remote and start the Chromecast process until it ask if you heard the sound.

* Plug only the LEFT speaker to the main, and immediately press shortly the pairing button on the hub. Wait a few seconds for the process to finish. Unplug the speaker from the main.

* Plug only the RIGHT speaker to the main, and immediately press shortly the pairing button on the hub. Wait a few seconds for the process to finish.

* Plug the LEFT speaker to the main.

* Press “try again” in the Google Home app in order to hear the test sound. If your hear nothing, restart the app and try again to configure the hub (not the pairing process !)

Hope this helps.

corle48:
For now, this wisa standard, doesn't seems to be as easy as it's said....

You’re right…
Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS