Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision 7-32 Mk 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Bop
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
Bop Posted: Fri, Mar 19 2021 6:50 AM

I have a 7-32 Mk 3 and am enquiring as to to whether it is possible to upgrade this model to include HDMI ports. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks Bop

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Fri, Mar 19 2021 7:58 AM

Hi and welcome to Beoworld!

If it is possible, which I doubt, then it would not be cost effective.

However, your BV7 should have a DVI socket which will accept a digital video signal if you use an hdmi to DVI adaptor.  Unfortunately DVI does not carry audio, hence you could use an audio extractor like this one to take the sound from the hdmi source: https://www.amazon.co.uk/aoeyoo%C2%AE-Analog-Converter-Digital-Extractor-White/dp/B00NAJ4UM2

You then feed the extracted audio signal into the BV7's PC audio sockets.  I Have used this set up for several years on two of my BV6s, with ATV4.

Griebel
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 416
Gold Member
Griebel replied on Fri, Mar 19 2021 8:21 AM
To use the DVI socket for HD video signal input you need to install the HD-ready kit, which I doubt is still available. There are several useful threads on that topic in the forum.
tb59427
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Bronze Member
tb59427 replied on Fri, Mar 19 2021 8:25 AM

Depending on the SW on the 7-32 you might find issues with this HDMI copy protection *** (HDCP?) and content that is protected (e.g., Netflix, Amazon Prime). I ran into this when I hooked an ATV to the BV6-26.

I have a similar setup (albeit with a BV6-26) and use a raspberry pi 4 running kodi to feed live TV and streaming content via DVI and analog audio into the set. No HDCP issues with this setup. And it's relatively cheap.

regards

Torsten

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Fri, Mar 19 2021 8:52 AM

tb59427:
Depending on the SW on the 7-32 you might find issues with this HDMI copy protection *** (HDCP?) and content that is protected (e.g., Netflix, Amazon Prime). I ran into this when I hooked an ATV to the BV6-26.

The audio extractor that I linked in my post magically makes the hdcp issues disappear - apparently many of the cheaper ones do this!

Johan
Top 200 Contributor
Bolsward, NL
Posts 450
Gold Member
Johan replied on Fri, Mar 19 2021 3:43 PM

My BV7-32 (9331) works as Guy describes with a cheap extractor. As does my BC6-26.

Bop
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
Bop replied on Mon, Mar 22 2021 12:18 AM

Thanks Guy

I used one of these to connect an Apple TV mk3 but I cannot connect the latest Foxtel/Sky box as it needs a HDMI connection. Maybe the only answer is to find a Mk 5 7-32.

Bop

Jakubowski
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Jakubowski replied on Mon, Mar 22 2021 11:31 AM

Thanks for the information, keep sharing this type of info

krogerfeed

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS