Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

What quality is beomaster 3000 and redline 45

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Hjaltebjo
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Hjaltebjo Posted: Tue, Mar 30 2021 10:45 AM

Hello beoworld. 

I found a beomaster 3000(90's) and some redline 45's at my moms place. 

Looks like all of it works, but the bass is poor. 

What is the quality of this stuff, i like the design so i would like to keep it.

Will the beomaster work nicely with a couple of redline 140 for example?

Hope to hear from you guys

Stereomensch
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 322
Bronze Member

Hello,

the redline 140 are much better than the redline 45.

The Beomaster 3000 has two channels with 2 x 40 watt each.

This will work great.

Regards

Chris

Hjaltebjo
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Hjaltebjo replied on Wed, Mar 31 2021 12:15 PM

What is the sound quality compared to todays hifi? I now its difficult to answer.

Beofile7
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 150
Bronze Member

Back in the 80's I had the Beosystem 3000 with RL140's. 

The RL45's are just too small and although they may suffice for a small link room it would be nuts to have them in your main system. The RL140's are much more capable and the BM3000 can drive them well. I enjoyed the setup for many years. No doubt there were better sounding systems around but none I can think of that were such fun to use. And a huge magnet for any visitors. 

Stereomensch
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 322
Bronze Member

No doubt there were better sounding systems around...

can you specify that? a more powerful amp? I think the redline 140 are pretty good. 
Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Thu, Apr 1 2021 11:36 AM

Stereomensch:

No doubt there were better sounding systems around...

can you specify that? a more powerful amp? I think the redline 140 are pretty good. 

Not difficult since the Beomaster 3000 was more or less an entry-level product, fine in its own right but neither specifically advanced nor particularly powerful.
Beovox RL140 is a fair speaker for normal listening purposes. For its time it was elegant and new and it can give quite impressive results considering its cabinet volume, but it does lack the volume and punch possible from larger speakers.

The combination Beomaster 3000 / Beovox RL is timeless, beautiful and easily adapted in the home, so will also have a fairly good WAF.

Else: 

Beomaster 4400 / Beovox M100
Beomaster 8000 / Beovox MS150
if we are staying with B&O.

If not - almost any Yamaha tuner/preamp (if needed) / Cloud CV1000 amplifier / 4x JAMO Power 555 with the old electrolytics replaced.
With speakers this effective AND powerful you will no longer be able to hear any of the B&Os. The WAF is a different matter though.

Martin

Stereomensch
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 322
Bronze Member

Martin is totally right.

The Redline 140 are decent speakers for a normal livingroom situation.

they were made for this purpose.

Of course you can spend more money on bigger equipment, but that's another story.

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 917
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Fri, Apr 9 2021 3:38 PM

Back in the early 90s I had RL60s and a BV7002 - it was fantastic and the speakers were used for parties all the time. Ten years later i got a pair of RL45s as part of a package with a Beocentre 7007 (I think) - nowhere near as good. The 60s were great and only replaced when I bought BL8000 which initially I thought not to be as good until I got used to them - seemed to lack the bass and warmth of RL60s.

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 917
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Fri, Apr 9 2021 3:39 PM

BC 7002 - not BV7002 - although I did have a BV7700 at the time

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS