Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocom 2500 problems - strange behaviour

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

beolit39
Not Ranked
Posts 43
Silver Member
beolit39 Posted: Sun, Apr 4 2021 6:51 AM
I' ve recently bought an old-new Beocom 2500 phone. As a fan of B&O cordless and Beocom 1000/2000/Copenhagen series, it is my first 1600/2400/2500 product.
Some problems following:
HANDSET MODE CALL
  • If I set the volume at minimum everything is ok: top quality B&O audio through the handset speaker and the person I call can hear me perfectly.
  • The more I turn the volume up, the more I hear my voice through the handset speaker (voice loop), which is very annoying. It is like when a mic is too sensible or it has too much gain.
HANDSFREE MODE CALL
  1. If I leave the handset in the table base and start a call with the loudspeaker on (handsfree call) the audio quality from the table base loudspeaker is perfect but the person I call can't hear me: apparently the mic is muted. Is that normal?
  2. If I take the handset off the tablebase AND turn the loudspeaker on and make a call, the person I call can hear me but a very loud whistling noise comes both from the loudspeaker and the handset.
  3. If I start a call with the handset and then, during the call, I turn the loudspeaker on the whistle starts again as before.
The landline is OK and the ADSL filter is regularly connected and functioning.
The simplest thing I can think of is a Larsen effect, but that would mean that this phone is not well engineered, which I can't believe, having been a best seller (at least for B&O figures...🙂 )
Any suggestion ?
Thanks in advance !
mauro
beolit39
Not Ranked
Posts 43
Silver Member
beolit39 replied on Sat, Apr 10 2021 6:16 AM

Any suggestion about .. ?

:-)

mauro

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sat, Apr 10 2021 10:30 AM

beolit39:
If I leave the handset in the table base and start a call with the loudspeaker on (handsfree call) the audio quality from the table base loudspeaker is perfect but the person I call can't hear me: apparently the mic is muted. Is that normal?

I am pretty sure that this is normal.  It's designed so that you can start the call 'handsfree' and then pick up the handset to speak once the call is answered.  The Beocom 2500 manual is unclear, but in the 1600 manual it states 'lift the handset when the call is answered'.

With regard to the feedback, the only thing that I can suggest is to check the wiring up to the BT socket.  It is easy to get pins 2 and 5 reversed if you use an incorrect cable - on my Beocom 6000s I have to be sure to use a RJ11 to BT 'crossover' cable, rather than straight-through.  I haven't used any of my 1600/2400 series phones recently, so can't be sure what is correct, but from experience I always experiment!

One other thought:  Does the phone have 'HAC' on the label after the model name?  One of my phones (a 2000) has this and apparently it makes it 'hearing aid compatible' with some kind of inductive loop.  Not sure what this does to the rest of the audio.

Lastly, and coincidentally, I did notice audio feedback on my Beocom 6000s yesterday when I checked dial tone (and it's still there today).  Perhaps BT have done something funny with their gain settings??

EDIT: Just realised that you are in Italy - ignore the bit about BT!  But you may wish to experiment with an RJ11 'crossover' cable into the Italian phone jack.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sat, Apr 10 2021 11:08 AM

Further to the above, in the Beocom 2500 manual (p29) it does say that in the settings menu you can set the preset volume to 'start all calls at the same volume'.  If not already set, perhaps you could use this to avoid feedback.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS