Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision 7-40 mk3 service manual english file corrupted?

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

bigbruggsy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 131
Silver Member
bigbruggsy Posted: Fri, Apr 9 2021 11:41 AM

Hi all, I just tried to open the above mentioned service manual and no matter what pdf reader I use it says its corrupted. Can anyone else try for me and if it is corrupted can a better version be uploaded to the website? Thanks

Beolab 8000 x 2

Beolab 1

Beolab 2

Beovision 7-40

Beosound 9000

Beosound Ouverture

Beolit 12

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Fri, Apr 9 2021 11:58 AM

Downloads and opens OK for me - using Chrome browser on Windows PC

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
Posts 692
Gold Member

IT opened fine for me using Windows 10 and opening in Firefox browser.

I also downloaded it and used Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and it opened.

Stoobie

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
Posts 692
Gold Member

Did you try to downoad it again, it might have got corrupted in downloading.

Stoobie

Champbeo
Not Ranked
Posts 43
Bronze Member

This can sometimes happen for me too with PDF files.

You can try to repair the file. I use this service: https://www.pdf2go.com/repair-pdf

After that process the PDF should work. 

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Posts 5,495
Founder

bigbruggsy:

Hi all, I just tried to open the above mentioned service manual and no matter what pdf reader I use it says its corrupted. Can anyone else try for me and if it is corrupted can a better version be uploaded to the website? Thanks

A few members over the years have had a similar problem and it is normally caused by either:-

1. Corruption of some of the data when downloaded, normally when you are downloading via many servers between you and Beoworld.
  2. Slow Internet speed on one of the links from you to Beoworld and Beoworld times out because it thinks you have gone away.

Regards Keith....

trackbeo
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 644
Bronze Member

Keith Saunders:
Slow Internet speed on one of the links from you to Beoworld and Beoworld times out because it thinks you have gone away.
No, it actually times out not because it thinks you have gone away (inter-packet delay increases beyond a threshold) but because it has some *total* time limit for the download. If this is a parameter in the server configuration (to prevent any single user from "hogging" a connection, established in the bad old days of limited bandwidth) -- Keith, couldn't you just double it?  

For the O.P:  You must borrow internet from a friend with CATV or fiber.  Even an 8Mbit connection (which used to be considered "high speed"!) is not fast enough to finish downloading some of the service manuals before the current max-time setting aborts you.

bigbruggsy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 131
Silver Member

Thanks for the link Champbeo, but it was unable to fix the pdf. My downloaded file is considerably smaller than what it should be. I've tried downloading teh file again, and each time the file is different sizes. It's obviously timing out.

Beolab 8000 x 2

Beolab 1

Beolab 2

Beovision 7-40

Beosound 9000

Beosound Ouverture

Beolit 12

bigbruggsy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 131
Silver Member

I've tried using another connection (4g mobile) and I'm still unable to download the file. Can someone who has the file host it temporarily on something like dropbox? I especially paid for silver membership to have this service manual. Thanks

Beolab 8000 x 2

Beolab 1

Beolab 2

Beovision 7-40

Beosound 9000

Beosound Ouverture

Beolit 12

bigbruggsy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 131
Silver Member

Well I got there in the end! a combination of multiple downloads and using a 4g connection, with my phone sitting outside worked. Thanks all for the suggestions. 

Beolab 8000 x 2

Beolab 1

Beolab 2

Beovision 7-40

Beosound 9000

Beosound Ouverture

Beolit 12

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS