Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Differences between the 4 versions of Beovision 7

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

h1npw
Top 75 Contributor
West Bridgford, Nottingham.
Posts 1,130
Bronze Member
h1npw Posted: Sat, Apr 10 2021 11:32 AM

Can anyone explain to me what the differences are between Mk1, Mk2, Mk3 & Mk4?

After seeing a couple of threads recently about how good they are, I'm seriously thinking about taking the plunge into Beovision viewing....... It would the the 55.

Cheers

Nigel

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

There are only 2 versions of the BV7-55.

Most people say go for the MK2, if you can find one at a resonable prize (and condition).

https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/7046.aspx

Although a MK1 also is a suprb tv - here is a review from Flatpanels, from when it came out.

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/review.php?subaction=showfull&id=1266502570

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

h1npw
Top 75 Contributor
West Bridgford, Nottingham.
Posts 1,130
Bronze Member
h1npw replied on Sat, Apr 10 2021 12:16 PM

That's great - thank you!

The only thing that's making me indecisive is a new non-B&O one will be about the same price and I'll be able to watch 4K material on Netflix & Prime..... decisions, decisions.....

Cheers

Nigel

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sat, Apr 10 2021 2:47 PM

I have a 75" 4K Samsung screen attached to a BeoSystem 4. I have a blu-ray player and Apple TV going through the1080p  BeoSystem 4, but I also have a 4K Apple TV and UHD player connected directly to the screen for the occasional 4K content. I find that while the difference is still noticeable, the difference between 4K and 1080p isn't as great as the difference between 1080p and 720p. That being said, I find that even on a 75" screen I don't mind watching 1080p content through the BeoSystem 4. Sometimes I just choose the Apple TV that's connected to the BeoSystem 4 so that I can keep myself in check on the volume level via the BeoSystem 4 onscreen info so that I don't annoy my neighbors (too much).I already removed my 2 BeoLab 2 speakers after the pleas from my neighbors.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Sat, Apr 10 2021 2:59 PM

h1npw:

The only thing that's making me indecisive is a new non-B&O one will be about the same price and I'll be able to watch 4K material on Netflix & Prime..... decisions, decisions.....

I've had BV7's, 10's, 11's, an Avant, a BV12-65 and would happily say the LG GX + Stage is the best purchase I've made in terms of price versus quality. 4K is stunning. 4K with HDR is so good. Why compromise?

Another option is an Eclipse 55" MK1? I wouldn't personally go for a BV7 in 2021. Last time I owned my BV7 it feels like about 10 years ago!

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

h1npw:

Cheers

Nigel

That will not be possible - the tv is a 1080p setup, although a very good one.

But - as beojeff wrote - the difference to 4K probably will not be an issue, once you sit down and watch a movie/warch tv.

However - as moxxey writes - why go for ‘older’ technology, when you can get a LG screen/Beosound Stage/Beoremote One combo!

As good as it is, I would only go for the BV7, if I wanted to watch Bluray disc (from the buildin player), need the turning function of the stand and need the ML connection to an older B&O soundsystem - and want to upgrade the sound to a complete 5.1/7.1 setup.

And don’t forget, if you want to control external devices (and you will need these for Netflix/Prime), you must be sure that the tv has the PUC-codes for these devices.

Also don’t forget, that the BV7 is a very bulky unit ;-(

Before you decide, please look and listen to B&O LG/Stage solution at a Bang & Olufsen dealer.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS