Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Connection of passive (RL 45) and active (BL 4500) speakers

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

chrmav
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bronze Member
chrmav Posted: Wed, Apr 14 2021 4:32 PM

Hi everyone

I have a BeoMaster 4500 (sw 2.1) and I have connected the Beovox RL 45 (using R/L1) and the Beolab 4500 (using power link). At the moment, when I switch on the system the music sounds from all 4 speakers.

Is there a way to select the music to sound from either the RL 45 or the BL 4500?

Thank you

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 742
Founder
chrmav:

Hi everyone

I have a BeoMaster 4500 (sw 2.1) and I have connected the Beovox RL 45 (using R/L1) and the Beolab 4500 (using power link). At the moment, when I switch on the system the music sounds from all 4 speakers.

Is there a way to select the music to sound from either the RL 45 or the BL 4500?

Thank you

Without buying extra kit, no.
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

However, if you want to ‘buy extra kit’, you need this:

https://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=974

You can get these really (!) cheap on the second hand market.

You use the second speakers output on the BM 4500 for this.

If this and the BM 4500 is in the same room or closeby, one of these will have to be set to option 4.

So, yes there is a way!

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 742
Founder
Millemissen:

AND the MCL cable too, MM.

And CHRMAV already has a BeoLab 3500 in the same room that is set to Option 4 (see other thread).
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

lawrencejmcook:
Millemissen:

AND the MCL cable too, MM.

And CHRMAV already has a BeoLab 3500 in the same room that is set to Option 4 (see other thread).

Yes, of course the cable....how should he be able to connect to ‘the second speakers output on the BM 4500’ without that?

A simple look in the User Guide for the BM4500 shows this.

Ahemmmm, How was I to know that he also has the BL3500 within reach of the ir ;-O

Seems a bit odd to wan’t all three sets of speaker in a relatively small space (they can be reached by ir) and still wanting to be able to turn them on/oof individually - however, if that is the intention, so be it.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

chrmav
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bronze Member
chrmav replied on Sun, May 23 2021 10:32 PM

Thank you guys for your responses and your help.

I have got hold of the MCL X-tra speakers kit. In fact, I got both 2046 and 2047 types and they seem to do the same thing. I've tested both of these with my BM 4500 using the RL 45. I finally chose to install the 2047 type. 

My final setup is as follows: BM 4500, BL 4500, and BL 3500 in the living room, while the RL 45 (with MCL X-tra) in the bedroom. I can control the BM 4500 (and Beogram 4500) both from bedroom (using the RL 45) and living room (using either BL 4500 or BL 3500 or both). BM 4500 is set in Option 1, BL 3500 in Option 4, and X-tra kit in Option 2. 

Very pleased about it and learnt quite a few things during the process.

Thank you

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS