Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound doesn‘t start

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Michael
Not Ranked
Germany
Posts 27
Bronze Member
Michael Posted: Wed, Apr 28 2021 6:25 PM

Hi all,

i‘am just thinking about buying a Beomaster and Beosound 5, with -like the seller told me - is out of order. The problem seems to be that the system does not start. When pressing the off-button at the back of the beosound the red light lights up once but nothing else happens. I‘am thinking about buying it because i have allerady a beomaster with a harddisk-problem so i‘am thinking about buying one with a good disk and a beosound which is ok to buiild one system out of it.

Has anyone an idea what could be wrong with this system?

Thank you!

gerard
Top 200 Contributor
Luxembourg
Posts 331
Bronze Member
gerard replied on Mon, May 31 2021 12:17 AM
If you have a HDD problem on your 1st BM5, think at replacing the HDD with a new , or even a SSD , by using the service tool.
Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

A number of BS5 owners have changed their HDD for SSD, so as Gerard writes, if yours is good except for your HDD, you can swap this out. 

I had a BS5Encore and I returned it for my money back because it kept displaying the behaviour you reported from the seller.  I had two main issues: it would go in to stand by, but there would be no red light to let you know it was in standby; and it wouldn't turn on if it was in standby if there was a red light.  As this was an Encore, but the one is a BS5/BM5, I would stay away from that purchase. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS