Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 4002 lever

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

GDUB
Not Ranked
Posts 11
Bronze Member
GDUB Posted: Sat, May 8 2021 6:21 AM

Hi All

Chasing some advice please regarding my 4002.

I picked it up knowing the arm does not lower to the record but apparently tracks the record.

upon opening it up and following Beolovers instructions on setting the tracking, I discovered the tracking adjustment  wheel on the side ( excuse my references I haven’t ever looked at a turntable before so hopefully you can work out what I’m trying to say) wouldn’t turn. This dog goes to another dog and a spring so I figured maybe whatever lubricant was used may be dried up? Anyway I used some Wurth Synthetic Creep Oil and it freed up nicely so I could set to zero.

I’m at the next step but noticed when the tone arm lever is lifted at the back on Beolovers video so the weight can be adjusted to zero balance the arm, his has to be held up or it drops back into the lock position, presumably via a spring? Mine doesn’t, it just stays up. 

does this point to an issue with a spring somewhere or maybe one of the “ pistons” that operate this function? Again apologies for the incorrect descriptions.

Any advice as to where to look next would be much appreciated.

cheers 

GDUB
Not Ranked
Posts 11
Bronze Member
GDUB replied on Wed, May 12 2021 11:38 PM

Can anybody offer me any advice? I have done a lot of searches but cant find anything related to this sticking issue with the tonearm lifter

thanks

Craig
Top 50 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
Posts 2,040
Silver Member
Craig replied on Thu, May 13 2021 7:24 AM

Can you post some pictures?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS