Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Problems setting up speakers on Beovision 7-40

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

FatboyAtLyncroft
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
FatboyAtLyncroft Posted: Mon, May 17 2021 11:01 PM

Good Evening

Can someone help me with what should be a simple task but is driving me a little potty. I recently moved and originally had BeoVision 7 with 4 external speakers. 2 x 8000's at the front and 2 6000's rear. all worked fine.

I know only wish to connect 2 speakers front. The Beovision 7 has a sound bar. When powering up but tv in standby I'm getting a green LED on one of the speakers. I can't seem to get any sound out of either. Is it critical which ports the power link cables go to, they are numbered 1-6 and I have tried them in 2&3 and now 5&6. 

Thanks in advance, Ernesto

kallasr
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,562
Bronze Member
kallasr replied on Tue, May 18 2021 6:37 PM
Yes it is critical.

Check the online reference or setup guide.

You need to point the port to the speakers and then set up speaker roles,

Ralf

Living Room: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab 9 (Fronts), Beolab 8000 (Rears), no Subwoofer. Screen: Sony KD-85XH9096
Dining Room: Beosound Essence MK II with Beolab 4000 on stands, fed by Amazon Echo Show 8
Home Cinema: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-4 (Center), Beolab 1 (Fronts), Beolab 4000 (Rears). Projector: Sony VPL-HW55
Home Office: Beosystem 3, Beolab 7-4, Beolab 5000, Screen: Sony KD-55XH9005 on Beovision 7-40 stand, ML to Beosound 9000 MK3 and Beosound 5/Beomaster 5 (1 TB SSD version)
Bedroom: Sony KD-65XH9077, Beosound Essence MK II with Beolab 6002 and Beolab 11 (all white, wall-mounted)

In storage: Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000 (1960s). 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

At first we need to know which version of the BV7!

If you don’t know the version number, please post the first 2 digits of the serial number or the type number.

Alternatively a picture of the part with the powerlink input ports - or of the cover for it.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

FatboyAtLyncroft
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member

Thanks for the replies so far 

Please find a picture of the cover panels at rear of bv7 showing connections. 
Thanks 

FatboyAtLyncroft
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member

Apologies, cannot seem to upload a photo..

So the details on rear of tv are as follows-

Type no    9644

Item No    1807488

serial No   22003373

Acc           DVD DHD

Thanks

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Seems to be a version MK5 - which is still a good tv - one of the latest BV7’s.

The Powerlink inputs a free configurable - you probably have connected the cables to an input, that already was configured for a specific speaker and position (or none) in the multichannel setup.

Note: It is always a good idea to mark the cables, when you change or move the setup!

Have a look in the handbook:

https://bangolufsenassistentgohe.blob.core.windows.net/manuals/TELEVISIONS/BEOVISION_7-40_55/beovision_7_40_mkiv_reference_book_english.pdf

You will have to connect the cables (as you please) and then renew the speaker configuration - see page 32 and onwards.

MM

FatboyAtLyncroft
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member

Thanks to anyone that helped me on this. I managed to resolve the problem. Not sure exactly how but changed a few settings and hey presto. 
I went to main menu with Beo4 which brings up an overlay on the screen. Then setup-options-multichannel audio and changed this from auto to manual. I was then able to find the speakers and it didn’t seem to matter which port they were plugged into on the back of the BV7. Hope my humble feedback may help others.

i do seem to have a separate problem with a beosound 6000 speaker which was confusing things. If I plug it into a socket with no power link cable it powers up and displays a green light. Is this speaker faulty or can you somehow reset them. Thanks. 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

FatboyAtLyncroft:

i do seem to have a separate problem with a beosound 6000 speaker which was confusing things. If I plug it into a socket with no power link cable it powers up and displays a green light. Is this speaker faulty or can you somehow reset them. Thanks. 

Fine - glad that you succeeded.

As for the ‘beosound 6000’ question, I am not sure what tou mean.

I however, guess rhat tou mean a Beolab 6000 speaker.

Which cable did you put into which port there and what was the sorce device, where the other end of the cable is connected?

A photo might help understanding.

MM

FatboyAtLyncroft
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member

Hi MM

Yes I meant a beolab 6000, apologies.

I tried hooking up a pair of these to my BV7-40. On powering up one would have a red led and the other green with a humming noise  Tv was in standby. I suspected a fault so swapped them for my beolab 8000. No problems with those at all. 

so with the beolab 6000 that I suspect had a fault. If I plug it into a wall socket and have no equipment connected to it all what should happen?? This one makes a humming noise and the green led comes on. 

Thanks in advance.  

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS