Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beoplay A9 - Technical questions / comments

rated by 0 users
This post has 54 Replies | 4 Followers

mbank
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
mbank replied on Mon, Apr 27 2015 6:24 PM

@AnalogPlanet

I'm having the same problem.

Is there anything I can do to help solving the issue?

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 678
Bronze Member

Engineers are now looking into my logs, hopefully will be able to figure out the pattern.

Also, I have shared your nick in case they would need more different logs to check.

Genuine attention to this issue and sense of urgency I feel are making me confident the solution will be found as soon as realistically possible and released via FW update.

As long as I see someone is very seriously trying to fix it I don't mind being a bit patient.

matthewbeo
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
matthewbeo replied on Sat, May 16 2015 12:14 PM

I am also experiencing the same issue.

Any news on a fix?

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 678
Bronze Member

Nothing yet - probably (hopefully?) in the same week as Moment's update which is supposedly scheduled for W26.

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

Hi AP What does all this mean? week 20, week 26?  W26 of what? the financial year?  the release? :-) 

Gavin
Not Ranked
Sydney
Posts 22
Bronze Member
Gavin replied on Sun, May 17 2015 7:10 AM

If you are in contact with the Engineers would you mind telling them that in the next firmware release they need to fix the SSL 3.0 issue that many security companies have alerted the user base to as being weak. My network monitoring system is in constant alarm, advising me the A9 is a scurity weak point.

I don't think it's a huge deal on a private network but something they could fix if another firmware update is due.

For reference:

http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/this-poodle-bites-exploiting-ssl-30.html

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 678
Bronze Member

Aussie Michael:
W26 of what? the financial year?  the release? :-) 

My interpretation was week 26 (w20 originally) of the calendar year. :D That is week of June 22nd.

With the following disclaimer: as everyone was preannounceing multiroom and other features being rolled out via FW update for Moment, Essence and A9 I took liberty to assume A9 SW team wanted to incorporate also this fix into it.

Now I did not comment on that with a B&O person I was in contact with, as I know every vendor tries to fix an issue asap and would gladly release FW update only for it if they were able to do it much earlier than the "big" multiroom update. Or maybe I'm just naive. :)

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 678
Bronze Member

Gavin:
If you are in contact with the Engineers would you mind telling them that in the next firmware release they need to fix the SSL 3.0 issue that many security companies have alerted the user base to as being weak.

Done, thanks for the input - let's hope engineers will be able to add this one to the next FW update.

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 678
Bronze Member

Great news: the cause of an issue when A9 "freezes" with both LEDs blinking was isolated and fix has been found. FW update release as anticipated mid-June.

Seems this is coming together with other FW updates and new features for A9, Essence and Moment. Anyway: yay! :)

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 678
Bronze Member

Not so great news. :/

Happened again, this time by streaming via AirPlay. Oh goodness, will it ever be fixed?

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Thu, Jul 2 2015 10:44 PM
AnalogPlanet:

Happened again, this time by streaming via AirPlay. Oh goodness, will it ever be fixed?

So the June didn't arrive ?

Or was inadequate ?

BeoNut since '75

gord
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
gord replied on Thu, Jul 2 2015 11:47 PM

Hello everyone,

firstly let me say that its a beautiful design and when it plays the sound is great.

secondly, let me say it's a piece off crappppp

i have had this now for more than 2 years and it's not been able to keep any connection via wifi. 

The only option is connecting via Utp  cable to my network. 

updates have been scares. 

On top of that it makes a lot of sounds which sound like static discharges.

B&O please do something about this 

best regards

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

I've been thinking about the A9

Being that it can do Airplay, DLNA, etc - are the innards of the A9 identical to that of the Playmaker/Essence

e.g. its a speaker with the same tech for Gen 1: PM, Gen 2: Essence?

Would you agree?

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 678
Bronze Member

@elephant: inadequate I think. Deezer and TuneIn via BeoMusic app were now "cured" of this issue after the update. In all honesty, I did not stream via AirPlay much in the past so I couldn't spot the same problem and did not report it before.

For me luckily there is no static noise or similar, however this is Mk2 (if that makes any difference). Wi-Fi ia, frankly, stable for me and I utilize 802.11n/5GHz to avoid interference on 2.4 (live in a high-rise with lot of networks around me).

@Michael: never thought of it like that, but it could be possibly. At least chips from the "receiveing" part. :)

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Aussie Michael:

I've been thinking about the A9

Being that it can do Airplay, DLNA, etc - are the innards of the A9 identical to that of the Playmaker/Essence

e.g. its a speaker with the same tech for Gen 1: PM, Gen 2: Essence?

Would you agree?

Pretty much 'the same'. (There were two MK's of the Playmaker).

The new A9 has no ir-receiver. The Essence has the opportunity of connecting an external ir-receiver - which could be usefull/handy in some setups.

Note: they are still working on the software for the functions of the ir-connection.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Page 2 of 2 (55 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS