Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

WELL DONE ENGLAND!!!

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

glen fowles
Not Ranked
cardigan
Posts 75
Bronze Member
glen fowles Posted: Sun, Feb 10 2013 7:42 PM

Congratulations to the england rugby squad on a great win over irelandLets have a Party !!!.

Shame the game was some what marred by ireland with some very unsavory incidents by some of the irish players.

Lets hope they can come to terms with england being a much superior rugby side and play the game fairly in the future.

England are always gracious in winning or losing,lets hope dan coles leg shows no sign of long term injury,i was pleased to see there was no retaliation from him towards the irish after the awful stamp on his leg which could have easily ended in a broken bone in the least.

This was just one of many unsavory incidents by them throughout the match.

Come on ireland play the game fairly,if you cannot accept that the opposition are better ,don't turn up!!

I know rugby is a very physical game believe me! but there is physicality and then there is downright cheating and and nastiness which no sport can surely prosper from.

Congratulations again to england for overcoming a very bad tempered  irish side,keeping calm and coming out worthy winners.Lets have a Party !!!Beer

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 10:46 PM

Yes, and?

Brengen & Ophalen

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
Great game apart from that filthy coward Cian Healey

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 1:59 PM

Not sure I would classify it as a great win - I think the weather and state of the pitch conspired to make this a fairly attritional encounter. The Irish player should have been red carded for the blatant stamp, which could have broken the English players leg. There seemed to be quite a bit of hand bagging generally which seemed to be both teams. England got a deserved victory though. One of my partners was actually there and said it was not a pretty match!

Peter

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS