Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beolit 12 and Remote app...

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Peter
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 84
Bronze Member
Peter Posted: Wed, Feb 13 2013 11:42 AM

Hi all,

I have 3 Apple TVs ( ver.1 ) connected to AV9000, AV5 and a Beovision 3/ Beocenter 2300 setup in my home. I love using the Apple remote app on my iPhone and Stream music from a NAS I have connected in the network to all of the 3 setups in my house, music everywhere!! :)

We recently got a Beolit 12 which provides great sound, and so practical to use in the garden or in the bathroom when taking long baths...

However, the application to setup the Beolit leaves much to wish for.. having configured 3 networks in it. It's always a mess when I bring it from our preferred network to use it in one of the other networks. It never connects automatically.. I have the latest update installed in the Beolit 12, but still not working "plug and play" when being used in the different networks I have configured. Any others having the same experience?

Also, I can't choose the Beolit as Airplay output from the Apple Remote App, it doesn't show up there like the Apple TVs does. In iTunes from my Mac it does. Also when using Airfoil to stream from Spotify. But not in the Remote app…  

Any ideas?

/P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beovision 7-40 Mk VI, Beovision 3-32, Beovision AV9000, Beovision AV5, Beolab 8000, 6000, 5000, 3000, 2000,  Beocenter 2300, 9000, Beocenter 2, DVD1, DVD2, Beogram 3300, LC2, Beolit 12, 3 x AppleTV

hfat
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 663
Bronze Member
hfat replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 6:41 AM

Hi,

I'm using BeoLit12 with remote app connected to iTunes 10 running on Windows and on Mac. The beoLit12 shows up as airplay speaker without any problems. Sometimes it does not show up in the setup tool, but the webserver on beolit12 can be contacted without any problems.

hfat

Peter
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 84
Bronze Member
Peter replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 10:01 AM

Hi hfat,

Thanks for your reply!
For me, it's also working when I choose my iTunes library with the Remote app. I get all three Apple TVs plus the Beolit 12, and it works fine.

But this means I have to have my Mac on to reach the iTunes library on there (which is basically the same library i have synced to the Apple TVs (vers. 1 with the 160 Gb HDD).

The idea was not to have to have the Mac up and running..because if I choose the library on any of the Apple TV's, the Beolit 12 does not show up as an Airply output.. Maybe thats just a limitation then, strange though since I thought it would treat all Airplay devices the same..

Have you tried to configure 2 or 3 different networks on the Beolit, and then been able to move it to the different locations and it has been connecting right away?

I always have to reconfigure the network. I thought the idea was to have 3 optional networks configured would make it connect automatically when switched on in the different networks..but no go for me…

/Peter 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beovision 7-40 Mk VI, Beovision 3-32, Beovision AV9000, Beovision AV5, Beolab 8000, 6000, 5000, 3000, 2000,  Beocenter 2300, 9000, Beocenter 2, DVD1, DVD2, Beogram 3300, LC2, Beolit 12, 3 x AppleTV

hfat
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 663
Bronze Member
hfat replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 10:59 AM

Hi Peter,

I have no AVT1, so I cannot test exactly you szenario. I use ATV3, where BeoLit12 shows aup correctly.

As far as I understand BeoLit12 does not connect automatically to one of the configured network profiles, by design. You have to swich manually.

hfat

Peter
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 84
Bronze Member
Peter replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 11:16 AM

hfat,

Thanks for the info!
It could be that the limitation have something to do with the older ATV I have, and also the fact that I am using Firecore's ATV Flash to be able to use it via Scart. Will upgrade to a new one when it comes ( hopefully in march if the rumors are correct..) and using an hdmi adapter instead. Hopefully there will be apps to handle external NAS and stuff too… 

About the network, Its kind of annoying to have to go through the Beolit Setup app to choose/configure networks every time. So far I have had to delete and add the network every time and then it takes a few minutes to connect. One would think that the built in software was smart enough to connect to the preconfigured networks automatically..  Let's hope there is an update soon..:)

/Peter

hfat
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 663
Bronze Member
hfat replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 4:56 PM

Hi Peter,

I have several access points to my network, all them use the same key with a different name. In this case I can switch networks easily, as I do not switch the profile (which is a pain, due to a SW bug in the app), but modify the current profile, by selecting the network from the drop down showing the reachable networks.

BTW: I've been in contact with beocare regarding this issue and was told that there will be no SW updates in the future for BeoLit12.

hfat

Peter
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 84
Bronze Member
Peter replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 6:25 PM

Thanks for the info hfat!

Too bad they will not fix the software on such a new product,  since it really needs a work over… :(

/P

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS