Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 8002 type 5633

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

peel100
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
peel100 Posted: Fri, Jul 23 2021 9:07 PM

I have this Beogram 8002 type 5633 that I am attempting to repair.  The  problem is that the tonearm moves when hitting the play button but stops just short of the record.  That is one problem.  The other is that I can't get the top lid open to service.  I've removed the 2 screws from the bottom and unhooked the suspension springs but to no avail.  It appears the top portion is getting stuck to the posts that run through holes in which the top lid slides through.  I do notice some washers over the posts that seem to be binding the top portion that is supposed to lift and the lower chassis that holds a lot of the guts.  If someone could explain what is going on and are those washers supposed to be there?

Thank You,

Ray

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Fri, Jul 23 2021 10:28 PM

Hi Ray,

This post describes how to open up a Beogram 8000/8002 turntable to its service position.
Hope that helps.

-sonavor

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sat, Jul 24 2021 7:43 AM

peel100:

washers over the posts that seem to be binding the top portion

Can we see a photo?

Martin

Mark
Top 500 Contributor
San Francisco
Posts 107
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Sun, Jul 25 2021 2:16 AM

You don’t mention loosening the transport screws that have a 1” washer that they need to clear. Have you done that?

Mark
Top 500 Contributor
San Francisco
Posts 107
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Sun, Jul 25 2021 2:16 AM

You don’t mention loosening the transport screws that have a 1” washer that they need to clear. Have you done that?

peel100
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
peel100 replied on Mon, Jul 26 2021 8:35 PM

I was able to get the lid to open by removing the transport screws.  Thanks for the help on that.  But now to my original problems.  The tonearm stops before reaching the cueing position.  Also, the stop button only moves the tonearm back a bit then stops and only works intermittently same with the pause button(tonearm moves back a bit then stops).  The FF, Rev , and turn buttons work normally.  The belts seems ok to me.  I suspect there is something wrong with the CPU  based on what type of behavior I am getting.  If anyone has any other ideas or insights that would be helpful.

Thank You,

Ray

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Tue, Jul 27 2021 1:48 PM

The microcomputer IC rarely fails.
The symptoms you describe are most likely covered by the service manual adjustment for the left and right scanning LDR devices. Those are light source controlled sensors, one for scanning left and one for scanning right, located in the button control panel. Two large, black screws adjust the apertures that permit light to hit the LDR devices.  The service manual describes what to measure as those settings are made. If the settings are far enough out of range the tonearm will have trouble moving. It is also possible for the light source inside that LDR assembly to get weak and fail.

This link shows various Beogram 8002 service adjustments.

-sonavor

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS