Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocom 1000 fault

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Pj8008
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Pj8008 Posted: Sat, Jul 24 2021 12:28 PM

Hi. I’ve recently acquired a Beocom 1000. It’s in fine cosmetic order, but sadly there’s no dial tone or otherwise when connected to a tested phone line or an internet voice adapter. I have tested the micro switch that is operated by the hook and that is fine. Interestingly when connected to the internet voice adapter, it shows as off hook / line in use, when it is on hook. 

If anyone has an ideas on what this fault might be I’d be very grateful as I’d love to get this phone working again.

Many thanks!

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Mon, Jul 26 2021 9:32 PM

Hi and welcome to Beoworld!

I would check all your cables in the first instance.  It is a while since my BeoCom1000 was used but is there a possibility that the handset is connected to the phone-line connection, and vice versa?

Also check your RJ11 cabling - some countries may require a 'crossover' type RJ11 cable.  Are you in UK?

Also, is there a fresh battery installed? (I recall that these phones have them, but it should only affect phonebook memory etc and not day-to-day operation.)

Pj8008
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Pj8008 replied on Sat, Aug 21 2021 11:22 AM

Hi and thank you very much! I am indeed in the UK, so perhaps the crossover RJ11 cable could be a reason. It doesn’t currently have a battery in but I will check. I’m pretty sure I have the handset and line connections right, but I shall double check. Thanks again for your help, most kind of you!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS