Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BL 8000 - How to clean?

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

BeoFrederic
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 276
Gold Member
BeoFrederic Posted: Sat, Jul 31 2021 11:34 PM

BL 8000 stopped working: sometimes won’t power up, sometimes powers up (green light) but won’t sound.

Emboldened by many posts here, and by finding a series of YT videos on disassembling the BL 8K, I’ve now taken apart and found - no surprise - a bunch of sticky goo that used to be foam.

I’m not sure what to do next.  I can clean the main tube (I think).  How do I clean up the wires & connectors & PCB?  Is it best practice to wipe gently with isopropyl alcohol on a cotton swab?

Thanks for your expertise!  I’m a bit out my depth, but willing to proceed boldly.  

69er
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 110
Bronze Member
69er replied on Sun, Aug 1 2021 3:14 PM

Hi Frederic,

use a lot isopropyalacohol and remove all the old goo. Dismantle the second part of the amplifier (under the amp there is goo too).

Remove the old sealing and install a new one ( one for window sealing is good).

clean the PCBs with alcohol - check and measure the wiring especially at the bottom of the amp - close to the trafos.

Even if you can´t see it, there could be a broken one (the last two at the bottom).

Install new foam and new sealings, check the woofers if they scratch, while moving by hand - often they are also gone.

And then all screws in - have fun

69er

BeoFrederic
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 276
Gold Member
Thank you for the detailed response! I’ll give it a go this weekend.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS