Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Further BeoWorld / Bang & Olufsen Collaboration - Please Read!

rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 0 Followers

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE Posted: Sat, Aug 28 2021 12:41 PM

Hello All,

Bang & Olufsen HQ have made contact with us again! Firstly to thank us all for the first survey and interviews which they found immensely helpful and informative, secondly to apologise profusely to anyone who put theirself forward but were not contacted for the zoom meetings as they simply didn't have the time or resources to interview the (literally) hundreds of people who responded, and thirdly to ask us if we can assist once more as the first one went so well!

This time the general topic is how we use our B&O at large gatherings and celebration events. Not all of us may roll out our Beo when it comes to this, and some may see it as a staple of a good party!  This is the area they'd like to explore and get a feel for.

LINK TO SURVEY - PLEASE CLICK HERE

Should you feel this could apply to you, and you'd like to help, please click on the link above and fill out the survey. B&O are very grateful for your input, opinions and ideas - and it's nice to be listened to, especially as we're such huge fans of the brand.

Thanks in advance!

Lee

beocool
Top 25 Contributor
Alankomaat
Posts 6,194
Bronze Member
beocool replied on Sat, Aug 28 2021 1:01 PM

Thanks for sharing, Lee. I just filled in the survey. 

Vähintään yhdeksänkymmentä prosenttia suomalainen! 

Ferdinand
Top 150 Contributor
Malmö, Sweden
Posts 541
Gold Member
Ferdinand replied on Sat, Aug 28 2021 3:34 PM
beocool:

Thanks for sharing, Lee. I just filled in the survey.

Vähintään yhdeksänkymmentä prosenttia suomalainen!

+1

Thanks Lee! Good to see that there’s contact again with B&O
Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Done :)

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

YannChris
Top 500 Contributor
Larmor Plage - France
Posts 232
Founder
YannChris replied on Sat, Aug 28 2021 7:57 PM

Hi Lee,

Done :)

Yann.

Living Room   BV Eclipse - BS Core - BL5 - BL8000 - LC2 x2 - Beo6 

Lounge  Beolink Passive - Cabasse Clipper - Beo4      Kitchen  BL3500 - Beolink 1000

Bedroom    BV9 - BL6000 (Thks Botty) - Beotime - LC2 - Beo5

Garden Lounge   BC9000 - BG 6006 - BL4500 (Thks Botty) - Playmaker - Beolink 1000

Study    BS1 - ML/NL Converter - BL2500 - Beo4 - Form 2 (Tks Botty) - Beoplay P2

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 999
Bronze Member
Done

Present: BL90, Core, BL6000, CD7000, Beogram 7000, Essence Remote.

Past: BL1, BL2, BL8000, BS9000, BL5, BC2, BS5, BV5, BV4-50, Beosystem 3, BL3, DVD1, Beoremote 4, Moment.

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Mon, Aug 30 2021 6:53 PM

Bang & Olufsen have already passed on their thanks for all the responses so far. Keep them coming!

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Tue, Aug 31 2021 3:37 PM
Done Smile

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
Done

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

BeoFrederic
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 276
Gold Member
I’d be happy to respond to the company, but I never use my B&O gear for parties / celebration events. I’m afraid I’d bias the results. Maybe the next survey….
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Am I the only one, who is wondering what this ‘use my B&O gear for parties/events’ is all about.

I started the survey, but stopped there….because it does not seem to make any sense (to me at least).

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Wed, Sep 1 2021 11:35 AM
Millemissen:

Am I the only one, who is wondering what this ‘use my B&O gear for parties/events’ is all about.

I started the survey, but stopped there….because it does not seem to make any sense

I had exactly the same thought and also stopped the survey part way through. I thought it must just be me.
Csaba
Top 500 Contributor
Oslo, Norway
Posts 216
Bronze Member
Csaba replied on Wed, Sep 1 2021 1:09 PM

I chose to interrupt it halfway the last time regarding network link since it became irrelevant. Most of these questions in the «party» survey are a little up for interpretation, as is the case sometimes with any survey. I’m not a guy with a Beolab 50 with a huge network to invite for big gatherings, but I still answered in the context of smaller social gatherings, while some questions I found possible to answer without having too strong feelings about how relevant they are to me. If I did or had, then I would or would not. So many surveys are built in a way that you feel like you could comment. I’d personally always provide comment fields because it’d make answers more authentic. In the end answers are only as good as the questions and limitations of the form.

Duels:
Millemissen:

I started the survey, but stopped there….because it does not seem to make any sense

I had exactly the same thought and also stopped the survey part way through. I thought it must just be me.

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 553
Bronze Member
vlohjr1 replied on Wed, Sep 1 2021 2:44 PM
Csaba:

I chose to interrupt it halfway the last time regarding network link since it became irrelevant. Most of these questions in the «party» survey are a little up for interpretation, as is the case sometimes with any survey. I’m not a guy with a Beolab 50 with a huge network to invite for big gatherings, but I still answered in the context of smaller social gatherings, while some questions I found possible to answer without having too strong feelings about how relevant they are to me. If I did or had, then I would or would not. So many surveys are built in a way that you feel like you could comment. I’d personally always provide comment fields because it’d make answers more authentic. In the end answers are only as good as the questions and limitations of the form.

Same I stopped halfway and I thought I was the only one……Big Smile
TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Thu, Sep 2 2021 7:17 AM

I did the survey, too.

Who knows why B&O needs/wants the information. Maybe they're bulding a bigger outdoor party speaker and need input. :-)

I don't use B&O equipment for parties, that would be a shame if something got damaged. Maybe Bang & Olufsen develops something like the extremely powerful JBL Partybox 1000 but with B&O style (and technology) in a robust packing where's no need to fear damage etc.during a garden or pool party.

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 999
Bronze Member
Confess, I was stumped by this. This is the weirdest and most unrelatable survey. Every outdoor party I’ve been to had a small handheld Bose/similar sound-dock Bluetoothed to a mobile phone and the sound quality was poor to average but no one really cared and it was basically background noise to something more important and that something more important was talking and laughing. Hope B&O aren’t over stressing the importance of outdoor music. It’s the least important to people’s lives.

Present: BL90, Core, BL6000, CD7000, Beogram 7000, Essence Remote.

Past: BL1, BL2, BL8000, BS9000, BL5, BC2, BS5, BV5, BV4-50, Beosystem 3, BL3, DVD1, Beoremote 4, Moment.

beotex
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 86
Bronze Member
beotex replied on Thu, Sep 2 2021 11:09 PM
seethroughyou:

Hope B&O aren’t over stressing the importance of outdoor music. It’s the least important to people’s lives.

Maybe it depends on where you live. With being in a warm climate, we spend a lot of time outdoors and invested in a nice outdoor system. Most people here have some outdoor space, many with significant investments in audio/visual. While not the most important, it certainly commands a portion of disposable income amongst my neighbors that B&O should target.
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

There is another aspect of that too.

I certainly don’t enjoy the music - that my neighbour presents - as much as he does, when he uses ‘outdoor speakers’ - despite both living in our own house with a relatively big garden.

IMO outdoor speakers can be a PIA - imagine all the neighbours playing ‘their music’ and you wanting to sit and listen the the birds.

P.S. Still not sure what they want to learn from that survey.

MM

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Fri, Sep 3 2021 9:14 AM

Just done the survey myself - though I didn't see it as focussed on outdoor listening, unless I am missing something

To me this was more about communal listening / listening for entertaining with guests - and what people are using for this.

The question about who controls the experience hints towards thinking about the control paradigms (with there being no communal jukebox etc)

Anyway, yes a slightly odd series of questions - not as direct as the previous "how do you use Network Link" survey.

My phone interview with them following the first survey was poor - very brief (<30mins once introductions etc were done), and very pointed at whether lack of NL would prevent me from purchasing a product ( guess my answer!)

Which is why I maintain that Q3/Q4 looks 50/50 (at best) for Mozart NL updates. But thats just me I guess.

seethroughyou:
Confess, I was stumped by this. This is the weirdest and most unrelatable survey. Every outdoor party I’ve been to had a small handheld Bose/similar sound-dock Bluetoothed to a mobile phone and the sound quality was poor to average but no one really cared and it was basically background noise to something more important and that something more important was talking and laughing. Hope B&O aren’t over stressing the importance of outdoor music. It’s the least important to people’s lives.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Apart from all this - I guess a survey about sustainability and longlivety of the products would have been far more relevant.

Maybe something for a future survey.

MM

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS