Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Antiskating adjustment

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Mihai1965
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Mihai1965 Posted: Thu, Sep 2 2021 8:16 PM

Hi everybody,

I'm Mihai from Edmonton Canada, I'm a new comer also in this community and I'm looking for some help with some issues I have, regarding of how to make the right adjustments for turntables. I have a few and I'd like to bring them back to life one by one. I will start with a recently purchased one, a Tangential Beogram 5500 type 5943. I tried to make all the adjustments described in the service manual, because arrived damaged, mechanically speaking ( I found the tonearm carrier out of it's rail, hard to understand how this happen ) 

So, right now almost everything looks pretty good, but:

1. the tonearm is skating on the record surface and there is nothing about this in the service manual;

2. the height of the tonearm what is holding the cartridge with stylus ( adjustment is on the max. limit and still is less then 53 mm ) which I think is not a such big issue, I guess.

Please, if anybody can give me a hand with the antiskating adjustment for this model I will be forever grateful.

Many thanks

matador43
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,373
Bronze Member
matador43 replied on Thu, Sep 2 2021 10:45 PM

Hi and welcome to Beoworld.

Mihai1965:
1. the tonearm is skating on the record surface

May be a bad/worn stylus/cartridge. Did happen to me. New cartridge and it tracked perfectly.

Mihai1965:
2. the height of the tonearm what is holding the cartridge with stylus ( adjustment is on the max. limit and still is less then 53 mm ) which I think is not a such big issue, I guess.

Don't understand well, but maybe check platter height.

Good luck.

Mihai1965
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member

Hi matador43.

Thank you for suggestion. I did the replacement and now is working just fine.

What is still curious for me is that the stylus what did skating on 5500 is tracking perfectly on a RX 2 one ( I switch them from one to another ) and believe it or not, the one removed from RX 2 and working so nice on 5500, doesn't look so good like the one what skating 

Anyway, I'm happy to see it working and sounds great.

Thanks again and all my respect 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS