Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound Essence Mk. 2 Firmware

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

mentallapse
Not Ranked
Denmark
Posts 5
Bronze Member
mentallapse Confused [*-)] Posted: Sun, Sep 5 2021 5:09 PM

Hi Forum.

Have a Beosound Essence Mk2's. After automatic update to software version 1.26.45903.61640457, I experience issues shifting between my favorite TuneIn stations. Selecting between the stations takes up to 45 seconds and sometime it never shifts but stays fixed on the last station. 

Anybody that knows where I can find earlier versions of the software so I can download and downgrade through the unit web-interface, "Update From Local File" option.Confused

ebnrob
Top 500 Contributor
UK
Posts 174
Bronze Member
ebnrob replied on Wed, Sep 8 2021 10:15 AM

mentallapse:

Hi Forum.

Have a Beosound Essence Mk2's. After automatic update to software version 1.26.45903.61640457, I experience issues shifting between my favorite TuneIn stations. Selecting between the stations takes up to 45 seconds and sometime it never shifts but stays fixed on the last station. 

Anybody that knows where I can find earlier versions of the software so I can download and downgrade through the unit web-interface, "Update From Local File" option.Confused

I've come here today to see if anyone else had this same issue and I am glad I am not alone. I'm too experiencing the same delay changing station on TuneIn with my Essence Mk2 and Beoplay M3. The essence is on Wifi with Good signal strength, M3 is on ethernet so its not a connectivity issue. On a positive though BBC4 has come back online in the UK via TuneIn! I don't believe there is a manual firmware update option. I'll raise an issue with b&o support, suggest you do the same.

David
Not Ranked
Oxford
Posts 50
Gold Member
David replied on Wed, Sep 8 2021 12:38 PM

I raised a ticket with B&O on this problem this morning.

Hopefully it will be sorted out soon, The old version worked perfectly. 

ebnrob
Top 500 Contributor
UK
Posts 174
Bronze Member
ebnrob replied on Wed, Sep 8 2021 2:46 PM

I may have accidentally fixed it on my M3. This afternoon I thought I'd change my core to a static IP address to be like my other devices instead of being on DHCP, setting the Draytek router as the DNS 1 and 8.8.8.8 (google) as DNS 2. Rebooted the core and to my disbelief it caught the same problem as the essence and M3 using TuneIn! I thought I'd then change the DNS servers to Cloudflare's IP addresses (1.1.1.3 and 1.0.0.3) , rebooted and hey presto it's working. No idea how this could have affected it. Are you using a static IP on yours too? 

mentallapse
Not Ranked
Denmark
Posts 5
Bronze Member

Thanks ebnrob.

I will report this to B&O support. 

By the way, my Essence Mk 2 is connected via Ethernet. 

Why I ask for a manual firmware update option is because,  when connecting to your units web interface there actually is an "Update From Local File" option. Why this option if I cant get hands on the firmware file?

Thank for answering Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS