Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 4002/6000/4004 upgrade from B&O!!!

rated by 0 users
This post has 18 Replies | 1 Follower

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
Posts 1,710
Founder
mr_anders_son Posted: Mon, Sep 6 2021 11:01 AM

CooooolBig Smile

On Instagram:

"Last year we brought it back to life and at this year’s Milan Design Week, we have announced that existing owners of a Beogram 4002/6000/4004 can purchase an upgrade for their turntable. This will allow customers to future-proof their turntables and treat them as investments for generations to come"

BeoVision Haermony 65"...BeoLab 28 Anthracite....BeoLab 17 as REAR....BV10-32....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....Beosound 1 New York edt....Beogram 4002....Beoplay Emerge....Beoplay M5....Beoplay M3....Beoremote Halo....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H95 Black LTD....H9i Rimowa....6 x H6....Form 1....U70...

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 766
Bronze Member

5.000€ and they do everything for you.

Beovision Harmony 77" 2nd Gen, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1, Beoplay M3, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay Earset, Beoliving Intelligence 

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
Posts 1,710
Founder

Emil Jensen:

Yeah that's pretty much without a MMC......

BeoVision Haermony 65"...BeoLab 28 Anthracite....BeoLab 17 as REAR....BV10-32....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....Beosound 1 New York edt....Beogram 4002....Beoplay Emerge....Beoplay M5....Beoplay M3....Beoremote Halo....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H95 Black LTD....H9i Rimowa....6 x H6....Form 1....U70...

Csaba
Top 500 Contributor
Oslo, Norway
Posts 216
Bronze Member
Csaba replied on Mon, Sep 6 2021 11:49 AM

Emil Jensen:

What does «everything» mean? Bring it up to a 4000c level regardless of how bad shape your vintage Beogram is in? I bought my non-B&O turntable for about 3200 euros, brand new, meaning new components all over. Minimalist, beautiful, sounds great. I’d still have to think hard if I’d want an upgraded Beogram 400x for a 5000-euro upgrade + an average of around 1000 euros on eBay for a vintage pre-owned one. I heard some recreated 4000c turntables have stopped working. So I’m not sure how much hassle you’d pay at least 6000 for. Of course it is still not the insane price of the 4000c. As much as I want all my audio to be B&O, I’m hesitant to get a Beogram. If they made a new turntable, I’d probably go wild! But at this point I feel the upgrade only appeals to people who are obsessed with the Beogram 400x series, and are ready to commit.

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 766
Bronze Member

I dont know, but it is with new Wood and lit, so I guess you dont need a working unit.

But yes for that price it is not logic but love that should justify it.

Beovision Harmony 77" 2nd Gen, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1, Beoplay M3, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay Earset, Beoliving Intelligence 

BeoJosh
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 89
Bronze Member
BeoJosh replied on Mon, Sep 6 2021 7:23 PM

Csaba:

Emil Jensen:

I bought my non-B&O turntable for about 3200 euros, brand new, meaning new components all over. Minimalist, beautiful, sounds great.

Which turntable did you get?

--
Beovision Harmony 77, Beovision Harmony 65 x2, Beovision Contour 48, LG GX 65/Beosound Stage/STB Stand
Beolab 50s, Beolab 28s, Beolab 18s x3, Beolab 19, Beoplay A9, Beosound Edge, Beosound 2 x2, Beosound 1 x2, Beosound Level x2, Beosound Core x2, Beoplay M3, Beosound 9000, Beogram TX2, Beogram 6500 White Edition, 4000c (on order), Beoremote One x8, Beoremote Halo x3, BLC NL/ML
Beoplay H95 x3, Beoplay EQ x2, Beoplay E8, Beoplay E8 Sport, Beosound A1 x2

BeoJosh
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 89
Bronze Member
BeoJosh replied on Mon, Sep 6 2021 7:25 PM

Csaba:
I heard some recreated 4000c turntables have stopped working.

If true, that's too bad. But there is a 5-year warranty with the 4000c

--
Beovision Harmony 77, Beovision Harmony 65 x2, Beovision Contour 48, LG GX 65/Beosound Stage/STB Stand
Beolab 50s, Beolab 28s, Beolab 18s x3, Beolab 19, Beoplay A9, Beosound Edge, Beosound 2 x2, Beosound 1 x2, Beosound Level x2, Beosound Core x2, Beoplay M3, Beosound 9000, Beogram TX2, Beogram 6500 White Edition, 4000c (on order), Beoremote One x8, Beoremote Halo x3, BLC NL/ML

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Mon, Sep 6 2021 7:39 PM

mr_anders_son:

CooooolBig Smile

On Instagram:

"Last year we brought it back to life and at this year’s Milan Design Week, we have announced that existing owners of a Beogram 4002/6000/4004 can purchase an upgrade for their turntable. This will allow customers to future-proof their turntables and treat them as investments for generations to come"

That’s very vague to say the least. It could be anything, but it could be anything from new cartridges, or possibly a phono preamp or a remote control ?

Jacques

BeoJosh
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 89
Bronze Member
BeoJosh replied on Mon, Sep 6 2021 7:48 PM

Found this press release online that outlines what the upgrade includes. Sorry, couldn't cut and paste details from the page.

https://m.marketscreener.com/quote/stock/BANG-OLUFSEN-A-S-1412850/news/Bang-Olufsen-a-s-Olufsen-unveils-an-upgrade-kit-for-its-1970-series-turntables-36354012/

--

Csaba
Top 500 Contributor
Oslo, Norway
Posts 216
Bronze Member
Csaba replied on Mon, Sep 6 2021 8:08 PM

BeoJosh:

Found this press release online that outlines what the upgrade includes. Sorry, couldn't cut and paste details from the page.

https://m.marketscreener.com/quote/stock/BANG-OLUFSEN-A-S-1412850/news/Bang-Olufsen-a-s-Olufsen-unveils-an-upgrade-kit-for-its-1970-series-turntables-36354012/

Great find! Intriguing list too. Probably no oak box or champagne repaint a’la 4000c but probably still beautiful.

As for my record player, am I allowed to say that on a B&O forum? :) It is a Clearaudio Concept Active Dark Wood. Every other audio stuff I have got is B&O, everything but this. I dream of B&O making a new turntable one day. As much as I respect and love the old Beogram 4000, I’d still rather have a new one.

BeoJosh
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 89
Bronze Member
BeoJosh replied on Mon, Sep 6 2021 8:34 PM

Csaba:

It is a Clearaudio Concept Active Dark Wood. Every other audio stuff I have got is B&O, everything but this. I dream of B&O making a new turntable one day. As much as I respect and love the old Beogram 4000, I’d still rather have a new one.

That’s a great turntable—enjoy (as I know you must be)! To my mind, it’s as close aesthetically to what B&O would produce today as you can find, and an all around great table. I’d thought about getting that exact model for my office to pair with my 28s, but recently happened to found a new in box TX2 with MMC2 and couldn’t pass it up.

I’m partial to Rega myself, with a P3 with Elys 2 and upgraded sub-platter and a P8 with Apheta 3. I have a 4000c on order (I just couldn’t resist), and it was never my intention to replace the Regas (but to shuffle turntables to other rooms), but I’ve been so impressed with the TX2’s performance between the tangential tracking and MMC2 (and the pleasure of a fully automatic turntable) that I’m considering doing just that. I found a 4002 in great shape on eBay and just had my offer accepted yesterday, so today’s news has me considering putting it through the service upgrade when it arrives so everything will be like-new.

--

Solidsnake
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 143
Bronze Member

Does anyone know if this upgrade will include the original 4000? 
I know the new 4000c is obviously available to buy but what about those who have original 4000s who would like to upgrade.  

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Tue, Sep 7 2021 7:27 AM
Solidsnake:

Does anyone know if this upgrade will include the original 4000? I know the new 4000c is obviously available to buy but what about those who have original 4000s who would like to upgrade.

The link that Beokosh provided states that it includes the 4000.
AdamS
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 373
Gold Member
AdamS replied on Tue, Sep 7 2021 1:13 PM

Csaba:

Great find! Intriguing list too. Probably no oak box.....

Shame - that's the only bit I really want for my BG4002!

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

BeoJosh:

Why not just link to the official announcement from B&O:

https://press.bang-olufsen.com/d/gKpSDxqk8eyT/news#/september-2021/bang-olufsen-unveils-an-upgrade-kit-for-its-1970-series-turntables

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Tue, Sep 7 2021 5:32 PM

Ok, € 5000. No. No way, they must be mad.Big Smile

Jacques

Csaba
Top 500 Contributor
Oslo, Norway
Posts 216
Bronze Member
Csaba replied on Tue, Sep 7 2021 10:10 PM

Thank you :). I do love Clearaudio, partially because they make quality turntables with clean aesthetics and great sound. For many years I had no record player but I started feeling nostalgic so I got myself a Concept Active to start with. I’d say I’m still rediscovering my lost love for vinyl.

The TX2 is so sexy! I’d love to hear it play, both compared to my turntable and a Beogram 4000/2/4.

Sounds like you’ll secure both a 4000c and an upgraded 4002. It will be a pretty epic pair! Any chance you’d write a review on the forum once you’ve got both in your possession? Perhaps compare them to the TX2 as well? I’d love to know if I should get a second turntable :).

BeoJosh:

Csaba:

It is a Clearaudio Concept Active Dark Wood. Every other audio stuff I have got is B&O, everything but this. I dream of B&O making a new turntable one day. As much as I respect and love the old Beogram 4000, I’d still rather have a new one.

That’s a great turntable—enjoy (as I know you must be)! To my mind, it’s as close aesthetically to what B&O would produce today as you can find, and an all around great table. I’d thought about getting that exact model for my office to pair with my 28s, but recently happened to found a new in box TX2 with MMC2 and couldn’t pass it up.

I’m partial to Rega myself, with a P3 with Elys 2 and upgraded sub-platter and a P8 with Apheta 3. I have a 4000c on order (I just couldn’t resist), and it was never my intention to replace the Regas (but to shuffle turntables to other rooms), but I’ve been so impressed with the TX2’s performance between the tangential tracking and MMC2 (and the pleasure of a fully automatic turntable) that I’m considering doing just that. I found a 4002 in great shape on eBay and just had my offer accepted yesterday, so today’s news has me considering putting it through the service upgrade when it arrives so everything will be like-new.

Daniel
Top 75 Contributor
Svinarp, Sweden
Posts 1,632
Bronze Member
Daniel replied on Wed, Sep 8 2021 11:57 AM
I hope the next step will be a new BeoGram. The prices for 4000C and the upgrade kit indicates there’s a market for this. I’d rather pay 6000€ for a brand new than paying 1000 for an old one, and another 5000 for the upgrade.
matador43
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,373
Bronze Member
matador43 replied on Wed, Sep 8 2021 12:20 PM

Beside the price I do find "Beocrazy", it raise some questions thought:

- who will do the upgrade? Is it in Struer by qualified technicians who know the deck or in local workshop by trained but not expert technicians who will follow a step by step manual and maybe miss the bunch of adjustments required?

- If in Struer, who take care of shipping and how?

- If a "kit" is available and B&O knowing there is a lot of enthusiast having an old Beogram but not the money to upgrade it (they seems to read this forum!), why not offer common useful spare parts like belts, hood, washers… That would say "legacy" more than "money".

- Of course the very interesting part is the RIAA board. After all, lot of people here can take care of anything else.

Personal note: Even if the black parts of the 4000c where not to the better taste, I found it was still a beautiful deck at least in the pictures: the whiten oak wood, the champagne color, the brownish hood. In the pictures from the PR I do find the wood quite weird and the whole combination bizarre (not to mention the platter that s not flush to the table). It's only by pictures, but by pictures also there is plenty of more beautiful decks in the flash your B&O thread to me.

Note: "• Stylish fabric and signal cables." : Congratulations Steve!

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS